|Birth name||Lockett James Pundt IV|
|Also known as||Lotus Plaza|
|Born||October 7, 1982|
|Origin||Marietta, Georgia, United States|
|Genres||Indie rock, shoegazing, ambient, dream pop|
|Instruments||Guitar, vocals, drums|
|Associated acts||Deerhunter, Atlas Sound|
Lockett James Pundt IV (born October 7, 1982) is an American musician, guitarist and multi-instrumentalist of Atlanta-based indie rock group Deerhunter. Pundt joined Deerhunter in 2005 as a guitarist. He releases solo material under the name Lotus Plaza. His debut album as Lotus Plaza, The Floodlight Collective, was released March 23, 2009 on CD and vinyl. Pundt has cited his greatest musical influences as being Stereolab, My Bloody Valentine, and Roxy Music, "on a subliminal level."
Pundt met Deerhunter vocalist Bradford Cox while the two were in high school. "I was summoned by this girl who was in a drama class of mine named Lauren. She told me that Brad wanted to meet me more or less... It was arranged to go down in the bus ports between class... And so we met in the bus port." In an interview with Pitchfork Media, Cox discussed the sensations he felt meeting Pundt for the first time: "I was attracted to him, but not in some kind of like, just physical way. I was attracted to his melancholy, his sitting alone, staring at the ground… I immediately fell in love right then at first sight." The two played together in a three-piece band known as The Floodlight Collective. "It wasn’t anything serious really, just sort of jam on stuff and have fun…It was one of the first musical experiences that I shared with other people." The band later inspired the name of Pundt's first album as Lotus Plaza. In 2005, Pundt joined Deerhunter as a guitarist; the first album he helped produce with the band was 2007's Cryptograms. Pundt's first album as Lotus Plaza, The Floodlight Collective, was released on March 23, 2009 to mixed critical reception. Spooky Action at a Distance is Lotus Plaza's second record. It was released on April 2, 2012. The current Lotus Plaza touring lineup is as follows: T.J. Blake on bass, Frankie Broyles on drums, Allen Taylor on synth/electronics, Dan Wakefield on guitar, and Pundt on both lead vocals and guitar. Pundt also has a side-project with his wife, Shayda Yavari, called Nice Weekend. They have released one track as part of an Audraglint split 10, called 'Come Back'.
Pundt attended Harrison High School located in Kennesaw, Georgia. At one time, Lockett was pursuing a bachelor's degree, first majoring in theatre before switching into biology with a chemistry minor at Georgia State University. He dropped out of university to work with Deerhunter. Lockett is married to graphic designer Shayda Yavari Pundt. The couple were married on September 15, 2012 in Savannah, Georgia. They live in Atlanta with their two children.
- 2007 Cryptograms/Fluorescent Grey EP
- 2008 Microcastle/Weird Era Cont.
- 2009 Rainwater Cassette Exchange EP
- 2010 Halcyon Digest
- 2013 Monomania
- 2015 Fading Frontier
- 2019 Why Hasn't Everything Already Disappeared?
As Lotus Plaza:
- Hogan, Marc (January 14, 2008). "Interviews: Atlas Sound". Pitchfork Media. Archived from the original on December 18, 2008. Retrieved October 14, 2009.
- Radford, Chad (September 21, 2009). "Interview: Lockett Pundt of Lotus Plaza/Deerhunter". Creative Loafing. Retrieved October 12, 2009.
- Hogan, Marc (March 20, 2009). "Album Reviews: Lotus Plaza: The Floodlight Collective". Pitchfork Media. Retrieved October 11, 2009.
- Suveg, Lukas. "Lotus Plaza – The Floodlight Collective | MUSIC REVIEWS". Tiny Mix Tapes. Retrieved October 11, 2009.
- Phares, Heather. " ((( The Floodlight Collective > Overview )))". AllMusic. Retrieved October 11, 2009.