(Interlocken Music Festival)
|Genre||Jamband, music improvisation|
Lockn' Festival, formerly known as Interlocken Music Festival, is an annual four-day music festival held at Oak Ridge Farm in Arrington, Virginia. The festival focuses primarily on jam bands and other music improvisation acts. Its inaugural event took place September 5–8, 2013, drew nearly 25,000 fans and featured notable groups such as Furthur, Trey Anastasio Band, Gov't Mule, Widespread Panic featuring John Fogerty, The String Cheese Incident featuring Zac Brown, and The Black Crowes.
Lineups by year
The Black Crowes (2 Days), Col. Bruce Hampton & Friends, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Eric Krasno, Founding Fathers, Furthur (3 Days), Gov't Mule, Grace Potter, The Hackensaw Boys, Indecision, Jeff Sipe Trio, Jimmy Cliff, John Fogerty, Jorma Kaukonen, Keller & The Keels, The London Souls, Love Canon, Oteil Burbridge, Pegi Young & The Survivors, Punch Brothers, The Soul Rebels, The String Cheese Incident (2 Days), Tedeschi Trucks Band, Trey Anastasio Band, Warren Haynes Band, Widespread Panic (2 Days), Zac Brown.
The Allman Brothers Band, Bill Kreutzmann's Locknstep Allstars, Bustle In Your Hedgegrow, Cabinet, Chris Robinson Brotherhood, Del McCoury Band, Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi (acoustic), Drive-By Truckers, Dumpstaphunk, Erin And The Wildfire, Freeman, Gary Clark Jr., Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, Hot Tuna, James "J.T." Taylor, Keller Williams' Grateful Gospel, Keller Williams' Grateful Grass, Larry Keel & Sam Bush, Lettuce, No BS! Brass Band, People's Blues Of Richmond, Phil Lesh & Friends (2 Days), Preservation Hall Jazz Band, The Revivalists, SOJA, Steve Winwood, The String Cheese Incident (2 Days), Taj Mahal, Tauk, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers, Umphrey's McGee, Widespread Panic (2 Days), Wilco (2 Days), Willie Nelson, The Wood Brothers.
Anders Osborne, Billy & The Kids feat. Bob Weir, The Doobie Brothers, Fishbone, Gov't Mule (2 Days), Hot Tuna, The Jayhawks, Jimmy Cliff, Jorma Kaukonen & Jack Casady Celebrate 50 Years of the Jefferson Airplane, Karl Denson's Tiny Universe feat. Chuck Leavell, Keller Williams' Grateful Gospel, Lord Nelson, Love Cannon, Mad Dogs & Englishmen: A Tribute to Joe Cocker feat. Tedeschi Trucks Band with Special Guests Leon Russell, Dave Mason, The Southern Belles, Rita Coolidge, Chris Robinson, Doyle Bramhall II & Friends, Melvin Seals & JGB feat. John Kadlecik, Lord Nelson, Mickey Hart (2 Days), Moogatu, Moonalice, North Mississippi Allstars, Phil Lesh & Friends (2 Days), Robert Plant & The Sensational Space Shifters (2 Days), Seth Stainback & Roosterfoot, Slightly Stoopid, Steve Earle & The Dukes, St. Paul And The Broken Bones, The String Cheese Incident, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue, Umphrey's McGee, Widespread Panic (2 Days)
- Due to a violent storm at Oak Ridge Farm on September 9, the day before the festival was scheduled to open, camping and performances were cancelled for the next day and the schedule was modified for the next three days. Bands originally scheduled to perform who did not were Galactic, Little Feat and Soulive.
Charles Bradley & His Extraordinaires, Chris Robinson Brotherhood, Circles Around the Sun, Doobie Decibel System, Donna the Buffalo, EOTO, Galactic with special guest Lee Oskar, Garcia's Forest, Gary Clark Jr., Hard Working Americans, DJ Williams Projekt, Moogatu, Dharma Initiative, Joe Russo's Almost Dead (2 Late nights), Keller Williams' Grateful Gospel, Keller Williams' Grateful Grass, Lettuce, Moon Taxi, My Morning Jacket, Peter Wolf, Phil Lesh & Friends (2 Days), Phish (2 Days), Tedeschi Trucks Band, Turkuaz, Twiddle, Umphrey's McGee, Vulfpeck, The Wailers, Ween (2 Days), White Denim
- Brandi Carlile was scheduled to perform but cancelled her appearance due to health issues.
Phil Lesh & Friends, Widespread Panic, The String Cheese Incident, Gov't Mule, Umphrey's McGee, John Butler Trio, Joe Russo's Almost Dead, moe., The Revivalists, Greensky Bluegrass, Keller Williams, Margo Price, Marcus King Band, Eric Krasno Band, Brandi Carlile, JJ Grey & Mofro, Pigeons Playing Ping Pong, The Suffers, Los Colognes, The Avett Brothers, TAUK, Kendall Street Company, Anthony Rosano & the Conqueroos, Mighty Joshua, and Sun-Dried Opossum.
Umphrey’s McGee, Lettuce (2 days), Butcher Brown, Erin & The Wildfire, Firecracker Jam, Jerry Dance Party, Joe Russo’s Almost Dead, Widespread Panic, George Clinton & P-Funk, Toots and the Maytals, Moon Taxi, Turkuaz, Bob Harford’s Band of Changes, Ghost Light, Caitlyn Smith, The FUZZ Band, Dead & Company (2 days) [with Branford Marsalis, second day], Tedeschi Trucks Band, Foundation of Funk, Pigeons Playing Ping Pong, Keller & The Keels, Big Something, Agents of Good Roots, The Suffers, Southern Avenue, People’s Blues of Richmond, Disco Risque, Sheryl Crow, Blues Traveler, Matisyahu, Spafford, The Judy Chops, Keller Williams’ Grateful Gospel.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lockn' Festival.|
- Slaybaugh, Parker. "Cleanup Begins After Lockn' Festival". WHTM-TV. ABC News. Archived from the original on 13 September 2013. Retrieved 13 September 2013.
- Coleman, Miriam. "Trey Anastasio Jams With Furthur on 'Casey Jones' at Lockn' Festival". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 10 September 2013.
- Wells, Brent (8 September 2013). "All music, little filler makes for rockin' at Lockn' on Saturday". Richmond Times-Dispatch. Retrieved 10 September 2013.
- "Trey Anastasio Sits In With Furthur At Lockn'". JamBase. Retrieved 10 September 2013.
- "Lineup". Locknfestival.com. Archived from the original on 24 January 2018. Retrieved 14 June 2019.
- Brandle, Lars. "Lockn' Music Fest Cancels Thursday's Performances, Delays Opening After 'Severe Thunderstorm'". Billboard. Retrieved 11 November 2015.
- "Home". LOCKN' Festival. Retrieved 14 June 2019.
- "Lockn' Festival Organizers Announce New Dates". JamBase. 7 February 2016. Retrieved 14 June 2019.
- "LOCKN' Festival Announces Additions to 2016 Lineup". Live and Listen. Retrieved 14 June 2019.
- "Past Performers". LOCKN' Festival. Retrieved 2019-01-30.