Locust Township, Christian County, Illinois
Location in Christian County
Christian County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 7, 1865|
|• Total||36.1 sq mi (93 km2)|
|• Land||35.84 sq mi (92.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.26 sq mi (0.7 km2) 0.72%|
|Elevation||620 ft (189 m)|
|• Density||50.9/sq mi (19.7/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62555, 62557, 62568|
|GNIS feature ID||0429272|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.1 square miles (93 km2), of which 35.84 square miles (92.8 km2) (or 99.28%) is land and 0.26 square miles (0.67 km2) (or 0.72%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains these four cemeteries: Buckeye, Donner, Durbin and Millersville.
Airports and landing strips
- Metsker Landing Strip
- Central A & M Community Unit School District 21
- Pana Community Unit School District 8
- Taylorville Community Unit School District 3
- State House District 98
- State Senate District 49
- "Locust Township, Christian County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
|Johnson Township||Assumption Township|
|Greenwood Township||Rosamond Township||Pana Township|