|Original author(s)||John-David Dalton|
|Initial release||April 23, 2012|
4.17.20 / August 13, 2020
Lodash draws most of its ideas from Underscore.js and now receives maintenance from the original contributors to Underscore.js.
It can be broken down into several main areas:
- Utilities - for simplifying common programming tasks such as determining type as well as simplifying math operations.
- Function - simplifying binding, decorating, constraining, throttling, debouncing, currying, and changing the pointer.
- String - conversion functions for performing basic string operations, such as trimming, converting to uppercase, camel case, etc.
- Array - creating, splitting, combining, modifying, and compressing
- Collection - iterating, sorting, filtering, splitting, and building
- Object - accessing, extending, merging, defaults, and transforming
- Seq - chaining, wrapping, filtering, and testing.
It has had multiple releases, so not all functions are available in all implementations. For example, _.chunk has only been available since version 3.0.0.
- 0.1 release information
- "Update license and copyright. · lodash/lodash@4edef4c". GitHub. Retrieved 2020-06-26.
- "Update license to the jQuery Foundation. [ci skip] · lodash/lodash@cf74ebe". GitHub. Retrieved 2020-06-26.