Lodging (or a holiday accommodation) is a type of residential accommodation. People who travel and stay away from home for more than a day need lodging for sleep, rest, safety, shelter from cold temperatures or rain, storage of luggage and access to common household functions.
Lodgings may be self-catering, in which case no food is provided, but cooking facilities are available.
Lodging is done in a hotel, motel, hostel or hostal, a private home (commercial, i.e. a bed and breakfast, a guest house, a vacation rental, or non-commercially, with members of hospitality services or in the home of friends), in a tent, caravan/camper (often on a campsite).
- Boarding house
- Hospitality industry
- Hostelling International
- House in multiple occupation
- Human positions
- List of human habitation forms
- Public space
- Single Room Occupancy
- Sleeping in public transport
- "Lodging". Free Dictionary. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- Travel accommodation travel guide from Wikivoyage
- The dictionary definition of lodging at Wiktionary