Lodi Township, Athens County, Ohio
|Lodi Township, Athens County, Ohio|
Municipalities and townships of Athens County
|• Total||39.0 sq mi (101.0 km2)|
|• Land||38.9 sq mi (100.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||692 ft (211 m)|
|• Density||37/sq mi (14.1/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085756|
Located in the southern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Canaan Township - north
- Rome Township - northeast corner
- Carthage Township - east
- Orange Township, Meigs County - southeast corner
- Bedford Township, Meigs County - south
- Scipio Township, Meigs County - southwest corner
- Alexander Township - west
- Athens Township - northwest corner
Name and history
Lodi Township was organized in 1826.
It is the only Lodi Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township clerk, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the clerkship or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Lodi township, Athens County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 10, 2013.
- Walker, Charles Manning (1869). History of Athens County, Ohio, And, Incidentally, of the Ohio Land Company and the First Settlement of the State at Marietta. Robert Clarke & Company. p. 481.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.