13 April 1990 |
San Daniele del Friuli, Italy
|Occupation||Actress, singer, dancer|
|Spouse(s)||Tomas Goldschmidt (m. 2015)|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, piano|
|Labels||Walt Disney, Sony Music Entertainment Italia|
Comello was born and raised in San Daniele del Friuli, Italy, near Udine in Friuli. She demonstrated her passion for art, acting, dance, guitar from a very young age. In high school, she studied music theory and learned guitar. In 2009, she took courses in music at M.A.S.: Music Arts & Show, a drama school in Milan, Italy. Two years later, she was cast as a performer for the "Il Mondo di Patty" tour, the Italian version of the widely successful Argentine children's program, Patito Feo. The tour held concerts in Italy and Spain. She also appeared as a backup vocalist for Brenda Asnicar's special section of the same tour in Italy.
While living in Milan and attending M.A.S., she learned of a Disney Channel Latin America casting search for Italian actors, who also spoke Spanish. Although she spoke little Spanish, Comello memorized and performed a short monologue in Spanish for her audition. One week after auditioning, she successfully obtained a role on Violetta, the network's latest tween musical television series. In 2011, Lodovica was announced as "Francesca", the best friend and classmate of the title character in the show. Filming for the program required Comello to move to Buenos Aires in mid-2011. Once cast in the series, Comello learned Spanish.
In November 2012, she filmed the second season of Violetta in Buenos Aires and Barcelona, Spain. It premiered on April 29, 2013. That same year, she provided the Italian voiceover for "Britney" in Monster's University. Comello returned to film the third and final season of "Violetta" which began production in Buenos Aires in March 2014 and ended in late November of that same year. The third season began airing in Argentina on July 28, 2014. The series finale aired in Latin America on February 6, 2015.In June 2015, Comello participated in the Italian-language dub of the film, Inside Out, where she voiced the character, "Joy". 
2013 to present
On November 1, 2013, Comello released "Universo" ("Universe" in English), the lead single from her debut album of the same name; the album was later released on November 19, 2013 in Italy, Spain and Argentina. The album features nine tracks co-written by Comello and one English-language cover of I Only Want To Be With You. Comello recorded acoustic versions of the title track, "Universo" in Spanish and Italian. The album's second single was "Otro día más". The music video was filmed in Barcelona, Spain and premiered on her official YouTube channel in March 2014.
In May 2014, Comello announced plans to embark on a world tour in 2015. A special website was created to allow fans to vote on various international cities for possible concert locations in Latin America, Europe, Israel, and the United States. The music video for her third single, "I Only Want To Be With You" premiered on her official VEVO channel on September 5, 2014.
In 2014, Comello began writing songs for her sophomore album during breaks on the set while filming of the final season of Violetta in Buenos Aires. She recorded material in Buenos Aires on the weekends when the show was not filming. On January 24, 2015, Comello announced to fans via her official Twitter account that her second album, Mariposa (English: "Butterfly"), would be released on February 3, 2015 in Italy. The album was subsequently released on iTunes for Europe and Latin America a few weeks later. The album contains 12 songs in Spanish, Italian and English. She co-wrote most of the album's songs with the exception of "Un posto libero", "We Are Family" and "Crazy Love". The album's deluxe edition contains five Italian-language translations of some of the album's original Spanish songs. Comello skipped the 2015 world tour with the cast of Violetta in order to focus on promoting her material as a solo artist. Her world tour began in Rome with two sold out shows on February 1, 2015. She toured throughout Italy from February until mid-March. The tour included shows in Spain, Brussels, Poland, Portugal, and Paris. The album's lead single, "Todo El Resto No Cuenta", was released on iTunes on January 30, 2015. The single's music video premiered one day later. The album debuted at #13 on the Italian Album charts. Mariposa's second single,"Sin usar palabras", features Spanish singer Abraham Mateo. Comello also released a Polish version of "Sin usar palabras" featuring Szymon Chodyniecki. Her world tour to support the release of Mariposa ended on October 25, 2015 in Naples, Italy. 
On May 13, 2016, Comello released the Italian-language song, "Non cadiamo mai" ("Never Fall" in English), as the lead single from her upcoming untitled third studio album. The release of the single conceded with the season 4 finale of "Italia's Got Talent", which aired that same night in Italy. Comello co-wrote the song, and a Spanish-language version is expected to be released. The music video for the single premiered one day prior on her official VEVO channel. 
On April 2, 2015, Comello released her autobiography, Tutto il resto non conta: la musica, Buenos Aires, e un pollo al curry con chi dico io, in Italy; she wrote the book while living in Buenos Aires during the filming of Violetta's final season: to promote the book, Comello embarked on several book signings throughout Italy in April 2015; the book was later translated into Polish, and she held a signing in Warsaw on May 9, 2015.
Comello, in September 2015, was announced as the new host for the 7th season of Italia's Got Talent: auditions began in Milan in late 2015; the 7th season of Italia's Got Talent premiered on March 16, 2016 on Sky Uno, where it aired weeknights; its finale was held in Rome and aired live on May 13, 2016 for the Italian network, TV8.
Comello has one older sister named Ilaria. She is fluent in Italian, Spanish, and English. She lived in Buenos Aires for three years while working on Violetta. She moved back to Milan, Italy once production on the series ended in late November 2014. In 2012, Comello met Argentine television producer, Tomas Goldschmidt, on the set of Violetta. The couple dated for several years and later married in a small civil ceremony at the city hall in San Daniele del Friuli, Italy on April 1, 2015.
|2012-15||Violetta||Francesca||Acting debut (Series regular)|
|"El V-Log de Francesca"||Violetta web series (16 episodes)|
|2013||Monster's University||Britney||Italian-language voice over|
|2015||Inside Out||Joy (Gioia)||Italian-language voice over|
|"Insopportabilmente donna"||Herself (Special Guest)||Web series (Episode: "Tipologie di amiche")|
|2016||Italia's Got Talent||Herself||Hostess (Season 4)|
|Year||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|2014||Otro Día Más|
|I Only Want To Be With You|
|2015||Todo El Resto No Cuenta||Mariposa|
|Sin Usar Palabras (feat. Abraham Mateo)|
|2016||Non Cadiamo Mai||TBA|
- Universo (2013)
- Otro Día Más (2014)
- I Only Want to Be With You (2014)
- Todo El Resto No Cuenta (2015)
- Sin usar palabras feat. Abraham Mateo (2015)
- Sin usar palabras feat. Szymon Chodyniecki (Polish version, 2015)
- "Non Cadiamo Mai" (2016)
|2012||"Algo suena en mi" (with Facundo Gambandé & Candelaria Molfese)||Violetta|
|"Juntos somos más" (with Mercedes Lambre, Facundo Gambandé & Candelaria Molfese)|
|"Junto a ti" (with Martina Stoessel)|
|"Veo veo" (with Martina Stoessel & Candelaria Molfese)|
|"Ven y canta" (with the cast of Violetta)|
|"Ser mejor" (with the cast of Violetta)||Cantar es lo que soy|
|"Tienes el talento" (with the cast of Violetta)|
|2013||"Código amistad" (with Martina Stoessel & Candelaria Molfese)||Hoy somos más|
|"Euforia" (with the cast of Violetta)|
|"Alcancemos las estrellas" (with Martina Stoessel, Mercedes Lambre & Candelaria Molfese)|
|"On Beat" (with the cast of Violetta)|
|"Algo se enciende" (with the cast of Violetta)|
|"Esto no puede terminar" (with the cast of Violetta)||Violetta en vivo|
|2014||"En gira" (with the cast of Violetta)||Gira mi canción|
|"Encender nuestra luz" (with Martina Stoessel, Mercedes Lambre, Candelaria Molfese & Alba Rico)|
|"Aprendí a decir adiós"|
|"A mi lado" (with Martina Stoessel & Candelaria Molfese)|
|"Friends till the end" (with the cast of Violetta)|
|2015||"Crecimos juntos" (with the cast of Violetta)||Crecimos juntos|
|"Es mi pasión" (with the cast of Violetta)|
|"Llámame" (with the cast of Violetta)|
- 2009: "Il Mondo di Patty" (As backup singer and dancer)
- 2010: "Antonella in concert" (As backup singer and dancer)
- 2013-2014: "Violetta en vivo" (Featured cast member)
- 2015: "Lodovica World Tour" (Solo tour)
- Massimo Galanto (May 27, 2014). "Violetta, Lodovica Comello incontra i fan a Milano il 5 giugno" (in Italian). Mondoteen.com. Retrieved September 9, 2014.
- Cecilia Uzzo. "Nel mio Universo non c'è solo Violetta" (in Italian). Vanity Fair Italia. Retrieved September 9, 2014.
- "Lodovica Comello on Brenda Asnicar tour" (in Spanish). IdolsPop.com. Retrieved September 9, 2014.
- "Personajes de la nueva serie Violetta" (in Spanish). prensaescenario. Retrieved September 9, 2014.
- "MARTINA STOESSEL E LODOVICA COMELLO: DA VIOLETTA A MONSTERS UNIVERSITY" (in Italian). Bambini.eu. July 4, 2013. Retrieved September 9, 2014.
- Yara Simon (November 27, 2014). "Martina Stoessel Says Goodbye Disney Show". Latin Post. Retrieved September 9, 2014.
- Federica Marcucci (June 23, 2015). "Inside Out: il nuovo poster e il Web Talent Show con Lodovica Comello!". Ginger Generation. Ginger Generation. Retrieved July 11, 2015.
- Laura Boni (March 13, 2014). "Lodovica Comello: Video ufficiale di Otro Dia Mas" (in Spanish). Gingergeneration. Retrieved September 9, 2014.
- "Lodovica Comello: dopo Violetta il tour mondiale, 3 date in italia" (in Italian). Velvet Music. June 5, 2014. Retrieved September 9, 2014.
- "Lodovica Comello diventa rock in "I Only Want To Be With You" VIDEO UFFICIALE" (in Italian). Velvet Music. September 5, 2014. Retrieved September 9, 2014.
- Silvia Gianatti (February 2, 2015). "Lodovica Comello: Ciao Violetta, ora volo da sola!" (in Italian). Vanity Fair Italia. Retrieved February 3, 2015.
- Redazione (January 22, 2015). "Lodovica Comello: conto alla rovescia per l’uscita del nuovo album "Mariposa"" (in Italian). Velvet Music. Retrieved January 25, 2015.
- Maura Delle Case (January 17, 2015). "Violetta addio, la star friulana adesso canta" (in Italian). Messaggeroveneto. Retrieved January 25, 2015.
- Eleonora Romano (January 29, 2015). "Todo el resto no cuenta LODOVICA COMELLO" (in Italian). Radio Air Play.fm. Retrieved January 29, 2015.
- http://acharts.us/album/90827 Lodovica Comello "Mariposa" Album Charts
- "El nuevo single de Lodovica Comello sera su canción con Abraham Mateo" (in Spanish). superpop.es. March 12, 2015. Retrieved April 5, 2015.
- "LODOVICA COMELLO I SZYMON CHODYNIECKI "SIN USAR PALABRAS / BEZ SŁÓW": WŁOSKO-POLSKI DUET" (in Polish). April 1, 2015. Retrieved April 1, 2015.
- Alessia Bisini (October 10, 2015). "Lodovica Comello in concerto oggi a Milano: ecco la scaletta!" (in Italian). gingergeneration.itl. Retrieved November 1, 2015.
- "Lodovica Comello, 'Non cadiamo mai' è il suo nuovo singolo". blognitizie.info (in Italian). blognotiziel. May 14, 2015. Retrieved May 14, 2016.
- "Lodovica Comello prezentuje nowy teledysk Non cadiamo mai". eska.pl (in Polish). eska.pl. May 13, 2016. Retrieved May 14, 2016.
- Maura Delle Case (March 30, 2015). "Lodovica Comello scrive "Tutto il resto non conta"" (in Italian). Messaggerovento. Retrieved April 1, 2015.
- Sonia Tulczyńska/Ewelina Wójcik (May 10, 2015). "Lodovica Comello w Empiku w Warszawie. "Lodo" spotkała się z fanami" (in Polish). warszawa.naszemiasto.pl. Retrieved May 19, 2015.
- Patrizia Monaco (October 20, 2015). "Italia’s got talent, al via le audizioni con Lodovica Comello conduttrice: partecipa come pubblico" (in Italian). correttainformazione. Retrieved November 1, 2015.
- "Lodovica Comello, Violetta sbarca a Italia’s Got Talent". ilpiccolo.gelocal.it (in Italian). ilpiccolo.gelocal.it. March 11, 2016. Retrieved April 4, 2016.
- "Italia’s Got Talent 2016, vince l’armonicista Moses. Lodovica Comello meglio di Vanessa Incontrada, Littizzetto forse lascia". ilfattoquotidiano.it (in Italian). ilfattoquotidiano.it. May 13, 2016. Retrieved May 14, 2016.
- Maura Delle Case (April 2015). "Lodovica Comello ha detto sì" (in Italian). Messaggerovento. Retrieved April 1, 2015.
- "Lodovica Comello si è sposata con Tomas Goldschmidt: matrimonio in Friuli" (in Italian). Blitzquotidiano. April 2015. Retrieved April 1, 2015.
- Laura Bono (January 20, 2015). "Violetta: Lodovica Comello, Diego Dominguez e Clara Alonso rimpatriata a Milano" (in Italian). Ginger Generation. Retrieved January 25, 2015.
- http://acharts.us/album/82244 Lodovica Comello World Album Charts
- Peak chart positions for Poland:
- For Universo: "Oficjalna lista sprzedaży :: OLIS - Official Retail Sales Chart". OLiS. Retrieved March 31, 2013.
- For Mariposa: "Oficjalna lista sprzedaży :: OLIS - Official Retail Sales Chart". OLiS. Retrieved April 24, 2015.
- http://acharts.us/album/90827 Lodovica Comello Mariposa Album Charts
- Boni, Laura (May 5, 2016). "Lodovica Comello annuncia il nuovo singolo Non Cadiamo Mai". GingerGeneration (in Italian). Retrieved May 7, 2016.