The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (February 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Lodro Rinzler (born November 22, 1982) is an author, and Buddhist meditation teacher, based in New York. He has written books on Buddhist meditation, as well as a weekly Huffington Post column on meditation. Rinzler's books Walk Like a Buddha and The Buddha Walks into the Office are both recipients of the Independent Publisher Book Awards.
After graduating from Wesleyan University, Rinzler took on a position as the Executive Director of the Boston Shambhala Center. During this time he also began to lead meditation workshops throughout the United States. In addition, he writes regularly for Marie Claire the Huffington Post, Elephant Journal, Bloomberg Businessweek, and Real Simple among other publications. Rinzler is the author of six books: The Buddha Walks into a Bar…, Walk Like a Buddha, The Buddha Walks into the Office…, Sit Like a Buddha, How to Love Yourself (And Sometimes Other People), and "Love Hurts."
In 2013, Rinzler founded the Institute for Compassionate Leadership, a non-profit leadership training and job placement program. He also co-founded The Daily Dharma Gathering and serves as the Chief Spiritual Officer of the meditation studio, MNDFL, in Greenwich Village and the Upper East Side of Manhattan.
In August 2018, Rinzler's publisher TarcherPerigee, announced it would no longer publish his forthcoming book, How to Be Decent, or any other future works by Rinzler due to allegations that he forced a woman to have sex with him during his 2013 book tour. The complaint from 2013 became public after several women came forward with sexual assault accusations against Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche, Rinzler's mentor and the leader of Shambhala International, where Rinzler was a senior teacher. Rinzler left Shambhala International in July 2018, claiming he was doing so in protest of the abuse; however, the organization had already begun an internal investigation of Rinzler himself after the victim made a formal complaint.
- The Buddha Walks into a Bar... 2015 ISBN 1590309375
- Walk Like a Buddha: Even if Your Boss Sucks, Your Ex Is Torturing You, and You're Hungover Again 2013 ISBN 1610000005
- The Buddha Walks into the Office: A Guide to Livelihood for a New Generation 2014 ISBN 1611800617
- Sit Like a Buddha: A Pocket Guide to Meditation 2014 ISBN 1611801656
- How to Love Yourself (and Sometimes Other People): Spiritual Advice for Modern Relationships
- "Lodro Rinzler". huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 17 November 2015.
- "Meditation Teacher Lodro Rinzler Rebrands Buddhism to Deal with Drinking and Sex". The Daily Beast. Retrieved 17 November 2015.
- "Books in Brief Winter 2011 - Tricycle". tricycle.org. Retrieved 22 September 2016.
- "Lodro Rinzler". Marie Claire. Retrieved 17 November 2015.
- "Lodro Rinzler". theidproject.org. Retrieved 17 November 2015.
- "Worthy of Love. - elephant journal". Elephant Journal. Retrieved 17 November 2015.
- "Lodro Rinzler". jewishbookcouncil.org.
- Emma Wenner (21 August 2018). "TarcherPerigee Drops Accused Buddhist Author's Book". Publishers Weekly. Retrieved 14 June 2019.
TarcherPerigee, an imprint of the Penguin Group, has discontinued its relationship with Lodro Rinzler, an author and Shambhala Buddhist teacher, and will no longer publish his upcoming book, How to Be Decent, which was scheduled for the fall.
- Joshua Eaton (23 July 2018). "Buddhist teacher quit Shambhala in 'protest' before his own sexual misconduct allegation went public". Think Progress. Retrieved 3 September 2020.
- Rinzler, L. (2012). The Buddha Walks into a Bar... Shambhala Publications. ISBN 978-0-8348-2775-2. Retrieved 2015-11-17.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- Rinzler, Lodro (2013). Walk like a Buddha : even if your boss sucks, your ex is torturing you, and you're hungover again. Boston: Shambhala. ISBN 1-61180-093-5.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- Rinzler, Lodro (2014). The Buddha walks into the office : a guide to livelihood for a new generation. Boston: Shambhala. ISBN 1-61180-061-7.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- Rinzler, Lodro (2014). Sit like a Buddha : a pocket guide to meditation. Boston: Shambhala. ISBN 1-61180-165-6.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)