|Subsidiary of Loews Corporation|
667 Madison Avenue|
New York, United States
Loews Hotels is a luxury hospitality company that owns or operates 24 hotels in the United States and Canada. Loews' hotels and resorts are located in major North American city centers and resort destinations.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels is a wholly owned subsidiary of Loews Corporation. Jonathan Tisch is the current chairman of Loews Hotels. Effective October 2016, Jonathan Tisch has resumed the role of CEO. Former CEO, Kirk Kinsell has let the company know he has resigned effective immediately due to personal reasons.
The company currently owns and/or operates 26 hotels and resorts in the United States and Canada, including New York City, Chicago, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Orlando, and Montreal in Canada.
Green Energy and Social Responsibility
Loews Hotels engage in and support a wide range of energy and resource-saving policies, as well as policies that support and promote local sustainable agriculture. Loews works with Energy Star to implement its policies.
In 1990, CEO Jonathan Tisch created the "Good Neighbor Policy," which works with local organizations and schools, as well as umbrella organizations like DonorsChoose. Left over food and hotel furniture and dry goods are donated to local communities. The Good Neighbor Policy was awarded a 1996 President's Volunteer Service Award.
Loews' Orlando hotel incurred criticism for a change to its policy of caring for feral cats, instead allowing them to be captured and possibly euthanized at a local shelter.
- Loews Annapolis Hotel
- Loews Aventura Hotel at Universal Orlando
- Loews Atlanta Hotel
- Loews Boston Hotel
- Loews Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Universal Orlando
- Loews Chicago Hotel
- Loews Chicago O'Hare (Rosemont)
- Loews Coronado Bay Resort
- Loews Hollywood Hotel
- Loews Hotel Vogue (Montreal)
- Loews Miami Beach
- Loews Minneapolis
- Loews New Orleans
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando
- Loews Regency New York
- Loews Regency San Francisco
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando
- Loews Santa Monica
- Loews Sapphire Falls Resort at Universal Orlando
- Loews Vanderbilt Hotel (Nashville)
- Loews Ventana Canyon (Tucson)
- Loews Hotel 1000 Seattle
Previously Owned Properties
- Loews Don CeSar
- Loews Hotel Monte-Carlo (Fairmont Monte Carlo)
Previously owned properties are no longer eligible for Loews YouFirst Member Benefits
- "News Events Press Releases Loews Hotels Selects Trintech Reconciliation Suite". Trintech.com. 2010-10-18. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Loews Hotels, Inc.: Private Company Information - Businessweek". Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Family Resorts | Luxury Business Hotels". Loews Hotels. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Backyard Luxury: Loews Hotels experiments with sourcing locally by @HmarketingHelp – Hotel Marketing Strategies Blog". Hotelmarketingstrategies.com. 2011-02-11. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Loews partners with Energy Star to reduce carbon footprint". Hotelnewsnow.com. 2009-04-07. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Loews Hotels Partners with DonorsChoose.org to Provide Resources for Public Education". Prweb.com. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Loews Hotels Receives President'S Service Award From The Points Of Light Foundation - Free Online Library". Thefreelibrary.com. 1996-04-23. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- Clarke, Sara K. (2012-03-29). "Loews Hotels: Loews plans to remove cats from feral colony - Orlando Sentinel". Articles.orlandosentinel.com. Retrieved 2012-05-22.