Jump to navigation Jump to search
Let be the fraction of games won by team and also let be the fraction of games lost by team .
The Log5 estimate for the probability of A defeating B is .
A few notable properties exist:
- If , Log5 will always give A a 100% chance of victory.
- If , Log5 will always give A a 0% chance of victory.
- If , Log5 will always return a 50% chance of victory for either team.
- If , Log5 will give A a probability of victory.
Here as before .
- "Chancesis: The Origins of Log5". Archived from the original on April 12, 2012. Retrieved 2013-03-07.
- "Baseball, Chess, Psychology and Pychometrics: Everyone Uses the Same Damn Rating System". Retrieved 2013-12-29.