Logan, Nevada, is a ghost town located in the hills about 9.5 mi (15.3 km) west of Hiko and 2.5 mi (4.0 km) south of Mount Irish Peak. Logan had its brief existence as a mining camp when silver ore was discovered in 1865 in the Mount Irish Range just to the north in Silver Canyon on the east flank of Mount Irish.
A small spring of water called Logan Springs provided an essential resource for survival in such a harsh arid region.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Logan, Nevada
- Lincoln County Ghosttowns
- Mount Irish, Nevada, 7.5 Minute Quad. USGS, 1985
- Crescent Spring, Nevada, 7.5 Minute Quad. USGS, 1985
- Timpahute Range, Nevada, 30x60 Topographic Quadrangle, USGS, 1985
|This Nevada state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|