Kensing with the Florida Marlins
July 3, 1982 |
|September 10, 2004, for the Florida Marlins|
(through 2016 season)
|Earned run average||5.70|
Logan French Kensing (born July 3, 1982) is an American professional baseball pitcher in the Detroit Tigers organization. He previously played for the Florida Marlins, Washington Nationals, Colorado Rockies and Seattle Mariners.
Kensing made his Major League Baseball debut on September 10, 2004.
On December 15, 2009, Kensing was re-signed by the Nationals with an invite to spring training. On March 17, 2010, the Nationals released Kensing.
Minor league stints
Kensing signed a minor league contract with the Tampa Bay Rays on April 9, 2010. However, he was forced to undergo two shoulder surgeries during the season and missed the whole year.
Kensing was called up by the Colorado Rockies from the Triple-A Colorado Springs Sky Sox on June 16, 2013, and made his Rockies debut on June 19 against the Toronto Blue Jays. He was designated for assignment on June 21, 2013. He became a free agent on October 1.
Kensing signed a minor league deal with the Seattle Mariners on January 17, 2014. He was called up from the Triple-A Tacoma Rainiers on August 23, 2015. For the first time since October 4, 2011, Kensing got the win against the Houston Astros on September 1. He pitched a scoreless seventh. Kensing was released by the Mariners after the season. During the 2015 season, Kensing appeared in 19 games for the Triple-A Tacoma Rainiers, where he compiled a 2–1 record with a 5.87 ERA. He had 13 strikeouts in 15 1⁄3 innings pitched.
On December 23, 2015, Kensing signed a minor league contract with the Detroit Tigers, and was invited to spring training. After a solid spring training (2.61 ERA in 10 1⁄3 innings) and injuries to Alex Wilson and Blaine Hardy, Kensing was added to the Detroit Tigers major league roster to start the 2016 season. He was designated for assignment on April 18, 2016, when they activated Blaine Hardy from the 15-day DL. He was sent outright to the Toledo Mud Hens two days later. He signed a new minor league contract for the 2017 season in November 2016.
- Washington Nationals acquire relief pitcher Logan Kensing from Marlins
- Axisa, Mike. "Minor Deals: Kensing, Bautista". MLBTradeRumors.com. Retrieved 30 June 2011.
- Williams, Tim (January 4, 2012). "Pirates Sign Logan Kensing, Make Jo-Jo Reyes Official".
- October 2013 minor league transactions
- "Tigers sign 6 players to minor-league deals". The Detroit News. December 23, 2015. Retrieved December 23, 2015.
- Sipple, George (April 1, 2016). "Detroit Tigers' 25-man roster appears set as Logan Kensing makes it". Detroit Free Press. Retrieved April 1, 2016.
- Eddy, Matt (November 21, 2016). "Minor League Transactions: Nov 12-18". baseballamerica.com. Retrieved November 21, 2016.