This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Logan Mader live in 2015
|Birth name||Logan Conrad Mader|
|Born||November 16, 1970|
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Logan Conrad Mader (born November 16, 1970 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada) is a Canadian-American record producer and current guitarist in melodic death metal band Once Human, as well as former lead guitarist in groove metal band Machine Head, which was formed in Oakland, California in 1991.
Mader is most famous for his time in Machine Head, whose 1994 debut, Burn My Eyes, was released by Roadrunner Records and quickly became the top-selling debut album in the label's history until Slipknot's debut album. Their second album, The More Things Change..., was released in 1997 and Logan left the band shortly thereafter to divert his energy and time to side projects.
Machine Head, Soulfly and Medication
Machine Head formed on October 12, 1991 with Mader on lead guitar, Robb Flynn on guitar and vocals, Adam Duce on bass and Tony Costanza on drums. He played with Machine Head through two albums until early 1998. After Logan's six-year run with Machine Head, he joined the band Soulfly where he filled the slot as guitarist for their 1998 world tour. Logan's union with Soulfly was short lived (8 months) and the only track he technically recorded with them was one of the remixes for "Quilombo". Wanting to once again pursue his own projects, Logan left Soulfly in January 1999.
Post Soulfly, Logan formed the heavy, yet melodic, Los Angeles rock band, Medication, with Whitfield Crane (formerly of Ugly Kid Joe). Due to a series of internal issues, Medication disbanded in February 2003.
Stereo Black and production
Shortly after the dissolution of Medication, Logan formed the band New Black, which was later changed to Stereo Black. Although the band opened for a local Hed PE gig, tracked a full demo, shopped it to a few labels and created an internet buzz, they were never signed. Years later, the Stereo Black track Save Me which was later called Inside. The song was featured in the trailer for Max Payne and The Butterfly Effect 2 and in the direct to video film Never Back Down 2: The Beatdown. The instrumental of their song Fall Again was featured on the soundtrack of racing game MotoGP '07. In 2011, they created a song for the Scream 4 soundtrack, titled "Denial". However, in 2017 Mader dismissed Stereo Black as a studio project, initially created in order to write songs for commercial licensing, and that the attempt to turn it into a full-band was somewhat half-hearted as he was beginning to move into becoming a full-time producer.
Currently, Logan runs Dirty Icon Productions, a Los Angeles-based production team, alongside partner, Lucas Banker. Dirty Icon, published by Reverb/Universal, writes, produces, records, mixes and masters for other artists.
Return to live music
Mader announced his new project, Once Human, in May 2015, which features newcomers Lauren Hart (vocals), Damian Rainauld (bass) and Ralph Alexander (drums). The group signed to earMUSIC and will release their debut album, The Life I Remember, in September 2015.
In August and September 2015, they toured the southern, midwestern and southwestern United States with Fear Factory, Chicago rock band The Bloodline and Hollywood melodic metal band Before the Mourning.
In March 2019, it was announced that Mader (along with drummer Chris Kontos) will perform with Machine Head for the first time in 21 years with a tour celebrating the 25th anniversary of the release of Burn My Eyes; however, he and Kontos are not officially rejoining the band.
- With Machine Head
- With Soulfly
- Soulfly Digipak (1998) - appears on "Quilombo (Extreme Ragga Dub Remix)"
- Tribe (1999)
- Live at Dynamo Open Air 1998 (2018) - archive live album
- With Medication
- Medication (EP, 2002)
- Prince Valium (2002)
- With Stereo Black
- Stereo Black (Demo) (2005)
- With Once Human
- Guest appearances
- Roadrunner United - The All-Star Sessions (2005)
- Jamie Christopherson - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance soundtrack (2013)
- Tina Guo - Cello Metal (2015)
- K-Again - Memories Of An Evolution EP - (2003)
- FM Revolver - Leaving Madeira - (2005)
- Media Lab - Bleeding Memory - (2005)
- Contra - This Machine Kills - (2005)
- So Abused " Community Service" -(2005)
- Silent Civilian - Rebirth of the Temple - (2006)
- Twin Method - The Volume of Self - (2006)
- Cloud Nine - Quick As Lightning - (2006)
- Five Finger Death Punch - The Way of the Fist - (2007) mixing and mastering
- Dommin - Mend Your Misery - (2007)
- Divine Heresy - Bleed the Fifth - (2007), Bringer of Plagues (2009)
- W.A.S.P. - Dominator - (2007) mixing and mastering
- The Perfect Victim - TBA - (2008)
- Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted - (2008), Blunt Force Trauma - (2011)
- Gojira - The Way of All Flesh - (2008) - Engineered Drums, Mixed & Mastered album.
- Psycroptic - Ob(Servant) - (2008)
- Hamlet - La Puta y el Diablo - (2009) mixing and mastering
- Achozen - Achozen - (2009)
- Echoes of Eternity - As Shadows Burn - (2009)
- AIZEN - Winter in Hell (2009)
- Devildriver - Pray for Villains (2009)
- Incite - The Slaughter (2009)
- W.A.S.P. - Babylon (2009) mixing and mastering
- The Changing - For Obvious Reasons (2010)
- Soulfly - Omen (2010)
- Bonded by Blood (band) - The Aftermath (Bonded by Blood album) (2011)
- Channel Zero - Feed 'Em with a Brick (2011)
- Gojira - Sea Shepherd EP - (2011)
- Fear Factory - The Industrialist - (2012)
- Kill Your Name www.killyourname.com
- Tensions Arise - Stand In Defiance - (2012)
- Incite - All Out War - (2012)
- Dagoba - "Post Mortem Nihil Est" - (2013)
- Devil You Know - The Beauty of Destruction - (2014)
- Septicflesh - Titan - (2014)
- Black Bomb A - "Comfortable Hate" - (2015)
- Overunit Machine - "Aldaraja" - (2016)
- Invidia - As the Sun Sleeps (2017)
- KHEPRA - Cosmology Divine (2016)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Logan Mader.|
- Henderson, Alex. "Biography: Medication". Allmusic. Retrieved 23 May 2010.
- An Interview With Once Human’s Logan Mader: “I feel like we’ve really found our identity as a metal band with our own unique sound” Rocksins. 21 March 2017. Retrieved 17 June 2018.
- Former MACHINE HEAD/SOULFLY Guitarist LOGAN MADER Returns With ONCE HUMAN Blabbermouth.net
- "Fear Factory Plan Headlining Tour With Once Human + More". Loudwire. Retrieved 6 August 2015.
- "Three-Fourths Of MACHINE HEAD's 'Burn My Eyes' Lineup To Reunite For 25th-Anniversary Tour". Blabbermouth.net. March 25, 2019. Retrieved March 25, 2019.
- "MACHINE HEAD Announces 'Burn My Eyes' 25th-Anniversary European Tour Dates Feat. CHRIS KONTOS, LOGAN MADER". Blabbermouth.net. March 25, 2019. Retrieved March 25, 2019.
- "In This Moment, Ex Five Finger Death Punch Members Join Forces In Invidia - Blabbermouth.net". BLABBERMOUTH.NET. Retrieved 16 February 2016.