May 26, 1988|
Milestone, Saskatchewan, Canada
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
|Weight||198 lb (90 kg; 14 st 2 lb)|
Grand Rapids Griffins
212th overall, 2006|
Detroit Red Wings
Logan Pyett (born May 26, 1988) is a Canadian professional ice hockey defenceman who currently plays for the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League (AHL). Pyett was drafted by the Detroit Red Wings in the seventh round of the 2006 NHL Entry Draft, 212th overall.
Pyett played major junior hockey with the Regina Pats in the Western Hockey League (WHL). He was also selected to play for Canada at the 2008 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships winning the Gold Medal. On May 24, 2008, Pyett was signed to a three-year, entry-level contract with his draft club, the Detroit Red Wings.
After four seasons within the Red Wings organization, Pyett was not tendered a qualifying offer and as a free agent Pyett signed a one-year deal as a free agent with the New York Rangers on July 10, 2012. He was assigned for the duration of his contract to AHL affiliate, the Connecticut Whale, for the 2012–13 season.
After two seasons in the Kontinental Hockey League with stints between Vityaz Podolsk, Admiral Vladivostok and Severstal Cherepovets, Pyett returned to North America, securing a one-year AHL contract with the Lehigh Valley Phantoms on August 21, 2015.
Before beginning the 2015–16 season, Pyett was diagnosed with Sarcoma in his upper leg. He was unable to appear in a game with the Phantoms and after two years off recovering, returned to the professional circuit in agreeing to a one-year contract with Japanese club, Tohoku Free Blades of the Asia League Ice Hockey.
In making a successful return from cancer with the Free Blades, Pyett returned to the AHL for the 2018–19 season, agreeing to terms on a one-year contract with the Hershey Bears, affiliate to the Washington Capitals, on August 17, 2018.
Regular season and playoffs
|2008–09||Grand Rapids Griffins||AHL||61||3||11||14||12||1||0||0||0||0|
|2009–10||Grand Rapids Griffins||AHL||80||9||21||30||41||—||—||—||—||—|
|2010–11||Grand Rapids Griffins||AHL||74||9||13||22||38||—||—||—||—||—|
|2011–12||Grand Rapids Griffins||AHL||73||2||25||27||54||—||—||—||—||—|
|2017–18||Tohoku Free Blades||AL||26||4||11||15||49||4||1||1||2||12|
|World Junior Championships|
Awards and honours
|East First All-Star Team||2008|||
- "Wings sign Axelsson, Pyett". Detroit Red Wings. 2008-05-24. Retrieved 2008-05-24.
- "New York Rangers sign Logan Pyett". blueshirtbanter.com. 2012-07-10. Retrieved 2012-07-10.
- "Logan Pyett and Geoff Walker signed to AHL contracts". Lehigh Valley Phantoms. 2015-08-21. Retrieved 2015-08-21.
- "Logan Pyett signs with Free Blades" (in Japanese). Tohoku Free Blades. 2017-08-06. Retrieved 2017-08-06.
- "Bears sign Logan Pyett and Adam Morrison". Hershey Bears. 2018-08-17. Retrieved 2018-08-17.
- "WHL Eastern Conference All-Star Team". WHL. Retrieved July 8, 2008.[dead link]
- Biographical information and career statistics from Eliteprospects.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian ice hockey defenceman is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|