|Born||Logan Carlisle Ramsey Jr.
March 21, 1921
Long Beach, California, U.S.
|Died||June 26, 2000
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Anne Ramsey (1954-1988) (her death)|
Logan Carlisle Ramsey, Jr. (March 21, 1921 – June 26, 2000) was an American character actor of television and film for nearly 50 years. Largely a TV actor, he appeared on, among others: The Edge of Night, Star Trek, Mission: Impossible, Hawaii Five-O, M*A*S*H, Charlie's Angels, Quincy, M.E., Mork & Mindy, Battlestar Galactica, Knight Rider and Night Court. His film roles included appearances in the Monkees film Head, The Reivers, The Traveling Executioner, What's the Matter with Helen?, John Witter in the original Walking Tall film trilogy, Any Which Way You Can (as the husband of his real wife Anne Ramsey), and The Beast Within.
Ramsey was born in Long Beach, California, the son of Harriet Lillian (née Kilmartin) and Captain Logan Carlisle Ramsey, Sr., a naval aviator who famously raised the alarm during the attack on Pearl Harbor and later became the captain of the aircraft carrier USS Block Island. The junior Ramsey served as a naval aviator aboard the sunken Block Island's namesake carrier, USS Block Island (CVE-106). During down time, Ensign Ramsey would participate in "smokers" (entertainment programs) aboard ship. After the war he moved to New York City and studied acting under famous acting coach Lee Strasberg.
- Logan Ramsey Biography (1921-2000)
- Garfield, David (1980). "Appendix: Life Members of The Actors Studio as of January 1980". A Player's Place: The Story of The Actors Ramsey played the organized crime boss John Witter in the "Walking Tall" trilogy. Studio. New York: MacMillan Publishing Co., Inc. p. 278. ISBN 0-02-542650-8.
- Logan Ramsey at the Internet Movie Database
- Logan Ramsey at Memory Alpha (a Star Trek wiki)
- Logan Ramsey at Find a Grave
|This article about an American actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|