Schafer with the Milwaukee Brewers
September 8, 1986 |
San Jose, California
|September 2, 2011, for the Milwaukee Brewers|
(through 2016 season)
|Runs batted in||53|
Logan Edward Schafer (born September 8, 1986) is an American professional baseball outfielder in the Baltimore Orioles organization. He has played Major League Baseball (MLB) for the Milwaukee Brewers and Minnesota Twins.
Schafer was drafted by Milwaukee in the third round of the 2008 amateur entry draft. He was previously drafted twice, but did not sign; first by the Boston Red Sox in the 31st round in 2006, and then by the Colorado Rockies in the 47th round in 2007. In 2008, he played for the Rookie league Helena Brewers and Class A West Virginia Power. In 2009, he was promoted to the Class A-Advanced Brevard County Manatees and Double-A Huntsville Stars. He was named the Brewers' minor league player of the year for 2009. Schafer sat out all but seven games in 2010, played with Brevard County, due to a sports hernia and a broken foot. He received an invitation to major league spring training with the Brewers in 2011.
- Masuda, Andrew. "Brewers invite former Mustang Logan Schafer to Spring Training." KSBY. 7 January 2011. Retrieved on 11 January 2011.
- Wilmoth, Charlie (March 19, 2016). "Nationals Release Logan Schafer". MLB Trade Rumors. Retrieved March 19, 2015.
- "Major League Baseball Transactions in March 2016". MLB.com. Retrieved March 24, 2016.
- Adams, Steve (June 3, 2016). "Minor MLB Transactions: 6/3/16". mlbtraderumors.com. Retrieved June 3, 2016.
- "Twins' Logan Schafer: Promoted to big leagues". Retrieved 2016-08-28.
- Todd, Jeff (December 1, 2016). "Minor MLB Transactions: 12/1/2016". mlbtraderumors.com. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
|This biographical article relating to an American baseball outfielder born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|