Loganlea railway station
Southbound view from Platform 1 in July 2012
|Location||Station Road, Loganlea|
|Owned by||Queensland Rail|
|Operated by||City network|
|Distance||32.21 kilometres from Central|
|Station code||600230 (platform 1)
600231 (platform 2)
|Fare zone||go card 3|
Loganlea railway station is located on the Beenleigh line in Queensland, Australia. It serves the suburb of Loganlea and Meadowbrook in City of Logan. The station opened in 1885 at the same time as the line. On 21 April 1992, a second platform opened as part of the duplication of the line. It is within a short distance of the Logan Hospital, TAFE college, Griffith University Logan campus, Loganlea State High School and Woolworths supermarket.
In the past it was used to load freight for the distribution of timber and local produce. It once had a goods shed. The station was severely damaged by a cyclone in 1936. For some time trains of eight or nine carriages had stopping at Loganlea when its platform length could only cover two or three carriages.
Loganlea is served by all stops Beenleigh line services from Beenleigh to Bowen Hills and Ferny Grove. It is also served by limited stops Gold Coast line services from Varsity Lakes to Bowen Hills, Doomben and Brisbane Airport Domestic.
Services by platform
|Gold Coast||Varsity Lakes|||
|2||Beenleigh||Bowen Hills & Ferny Grove|||
|Gold Coast||Bowen Hills, Doomben & Brisbane Airport Domestic|||
Logan City Bus Service operate two routes via Loganlea station:
- Loganlea Centre for the Queensland Government
- "Rails return to the Gold Coast" Railway Digest August 1996 page 17
- "Loganlea Railway Station after cyclone damage". Retrieved 12 March 2016.
- "Loganlea Platform". The Telegraph (12,538). Queensland, Australia. 24 January 1913. p. 4 (Second Edition). Retrieved 12 March 2016 – via National Library of Australia.
- Beenleigh line timetable TransLink 20 January 2014
- Gold Coast line timetable TransLink 20 January 2014
- Loganlea Platform 1 TransLink
- Loganlea Platform 2 TransLink
- Route 560 timetable TransLink 20 January 2014
- Route 562 timetable TransLink 27 January 2015
- Media related to Loganlea railway station at Wikimedia Commons
- Loganlea station Queensland Rail via the Wayback Machine (19 February 2015).
- Loganlea station Queensland's Railways on the Internet
- Loganlea station TransLink travel information
|This article about a railway station in Queensland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|