From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Loggerhead or Loggerheads may refer to:
|Look up loggerhead in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
- An insult; referring to someone as a "loggerhead" was a formerly common way of calling them an idiot
- To be "at loggerheads" means to be in a controversy or dispute with no obvious resolution
- Loggerhead Key, the largest islet in the Dry Tortugas, Florida
- Loggerheads, Denbighshire, a village in Denbighshire, Wales
- Loggerheads, Staffordshire, a small village in north Staffordshire, England
- Loggerheads and Whitmore ward, a ward in the borough of Newcastle-under-Lyme, England
Fauna and flora
- Loggerhead musk turtle, the turtle Sternotherus minor
- Loggerhead sea turtle, the sea turtle Caretta caretta
- Loggerhead shrike, the passerine bird Lanius ludovicianus
- Loggerhead kingbird, the passerine bird Tyrannus caudifasciatus
- Loggerhead, an English Midlands term for certain plants in the genus Centaurea:
- Loggerheads, the heraldic term for leopards' faces, e.g., on the coat of arms and flag of Shropshire (England) and its county town, Shrewsbury
- Loggerheads (film), a 2005 film written and directed by Tim Kirkman
- Loggerheads (TV series), a popular 1997 German-made cartoon about Vikings, broadcast in different countries
- Loggerheads (1993), an album by Canadian punk band D.O.A.
- Loggerheads (play), a 1925 play by Ralph Cullinan
- Loggerhead (tool), two iron balls attached by an iron rod used by shipbuilders to melt pitch
- USS Loggerhead (SS-374), a Balao-class submarine, named for the sea turtle, laid down and launched in 1944
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Loggerhead.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.