Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up loggerhead in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Loggerhead or Loggerheads may refer to:
- To be "at loggerheads" means to be in a controversy or dispute with no obvious resolution
- Loggerhead Key, the largest islet in the Dry Tortugas, Florida
- Loggerheads, Denbighshire, a village in Denbighshire, Wales
- Loggerheads, Staffordshire, a small village in north Staffordshire, England
- Loggerheads and Whitmore ward, a ward in the borough of Newcastle-under-Lyme, England
Fauna and flora
- Loggerhead musk turtle, the turtle Sternotherus minor
- Loggerhead sea turtle, the sea turtle Caretta caretta
- Loggerhead shrike, the passerine bird Lanius ludovicianus
- Loggerhead kingbird, the passerine bird Tyrannus caudifasciatus
- Loggerhead, an English Midlands term for certain plants in the genus Centaurea:
- Loggerheads, the heraldic term for leopards' faces, e.g., on the coat of arms and flag of Shropshire (England) and its county town, Shrewsbury
- Loggerheads (film), a 2005 film written and directed by Tim Kirkman
- Loggerheads (TV series), a popular 1997 German-made cartoon about Vikings, broadcast in different countries
- Loggerheads (1978 film), a 1978 film directed by Castellano & Pipolo
- Loggerheads (1993), an album by Canadian punk band D.O.A.
- Loggerheads (play), a 1925 play by Ralph Cullinan
- Loggerhead (tool), two iron balls attached by an iron rod used by shipbuilders to melt pitch
- USS Loggerhead (SS-374), a Balao-class submarine, named for the sea turtle, laid down and launched in 1944
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Loggerhead.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.