Loggieville, New Brunswick
Loggieville is a Canadian suburban neighbourhood in the city of Miramichi, New Brunswick. The community is located at the mouth of the Miramichi River on the southern bank where the river estuary discharges into the bay. Named after the Loggie family who were prominent local merchants, Loggieville was an incorporated village in Northumberland County until municipal amalgamation in 1995.
It is quite picturesque along the river, with several churches and fine old homes shaded by tall hardwoods.
Originally named Black Brook, the first store opened at Loggieville sometime between 1809 and 1813. It was settled by principally by Scottish and English immigrants, although the community also has some Acadian and Irish inhabitants. The community developed into an important shipping port in the mid-1880s after the Canada Eastern Railway built its eastern terminus on the shores of Miramichi Bay.
Fishing and fish packing were prominent industries for many years.
- Loggieville is well known for fielding softball teams, some going to play at international levels.
- Tristan Sutherland, known for his leadership role in the "Tristan Sutherland Fan Club", lived in Loggieville during his childhood.
- Sabian MacDonald, and Riley Keoughan, members of the "Squeegeboyz" Instagram account, are originally from Loggieville.
- Tristan Sutherland (Leader of The Tristan Sutherland Fan Club)
- Sabian MacDonald (Squeegeboyz)
- Riley Keoughan (Squeegeboyz)
- Maverick Knight (Nice guy)
- Adam Knight (Cat killer)
- Steven Leggat (Tommies Football)
- Lukas Evenden (Goof)
- Colton MacKay (Tommies Hockey)
- Reid Murdock (Tommies Rugby Coach)
- Matthew MacDonald (Local Stoner)
|This New Brunswick location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|