|Died||8 September 2018 (aged 35)|
|Conviction(s)||Waging war against God|
|Criminal penalty||Death penalty|
Loghman Moradi (1983 – September 8, 2018) (Persian: لقمان مرادی), was a Kurd. He was arrested in 2009 along with his cousin Zaniar Moradi. They were both hanged on September 8, 2018 on charges of killing the son of Marivan’s imam.
Moradi was arrested by security forces in the town of Marivan in Kurdistan, Iran on August 2, 2009 along with his cousin Zaniar. He was detained in the Sanandaj Intelligence Agency for nine months where he was “under severe physical and psychological torture”. Family visits were banned from 2009 until 2013.
Philip Luther, Amnesty International’s research and advocacy director for the middle east and North Africa condemned the execution of Loghman Moradi and the other two prisoners and said:"“We are horrified by the news that the Iranian authorities have executed these men, despite widespread condemnation of their death sentences and calls from UN human rights experts and other bodies to halt their executions".
UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Michelle Bachelet said on the opening statement to the 39th Session of the Human Rights Council on September 10: "... they were not afforded fair trials, and were subjected to torture. Recent arrests and ill-treatment of a number of human rights defenders and lawyers are deplorable. All those detained for peacefully exercising rights to freedom of expression and association should be released."
- Editorial, Reuters. "Iran executes three Kurdish prisoners accused of militant attacks".
- Lipin, Michael. "Brother: Iranian Kurdish Dissident 'Hours' From Execution".
- "Iran: Two Iranian Kurds at imminent risk of execution after convictions tainted by torture allegations". www.amnesty.org.
- "Iran's Execution of Three Kurdish Prisoners is Unlawful and Unjust – Center for Human Rights in Iran". iranhumanrights.org.
- "Iranian regime executes Kurd political prisoners despite international calls - Iran News Wire". 8 September 2018.
- "Nine months of torture: Exclusive interview with Zanyar Moradi before his execution".
- "Iran: Executions of three Iranian Kurds an outrage". www.amnesty.org.