LogicalDOC - documents browser
7.7  / 13 June 2017
|Written in||Java, AJAX enabled|
|Available in||Multiple languages|
|Type||ECM, Document Management System, Groupware, Content Management Systems, Open Source|
|License||Commercial Edition - Proprietary
Community Edition - LGPL
In 2006 two developers with experience in commercial J2EE products decided to start a business called Logical Objects, with the mission to maintain and evolve the Open Source project Contineo. After one year, Logical Objects decided to branch the old project and to start a completely new product called LogicalDOC.
In the 2015 Logical Objects changed its business name to LogicalDOC, the same name of the product.
LogicalDOC source code is distributed under GNU LGPLv3.
LogicalDOC is a web-based document management application, so a web browser is needed to use it. Current web browsers that have been tested for compatibility with Logical Doc include: Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome. The web interface is built using Google Web Toolkit.
The LogicalDOC architecture is based on the following technologies:
Due to its lightweight architecture, LogicalDOC can work on a wide set of devices and can be used to implement Cloud/SaaS document management.
A document management system manages personal documents or business documentation, making it easier to find a previous document version. It enables searching by content, using document content indexing. LogicalDOC has currently been localized in 15 languages. LogicalDOC can be set up to support distinct full-text indexes for each supported language in order to apply specific indexing algorithms tailored to a particular language or variant.
- Document Management
- Document revisioning (minor and major revisions)
- Image Management
- Repository access via WebDAV and Web API
- Activiti workflow
- Lucene search
- Multi-language support
- Multi-platform support (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X)
- Browser-based GUI (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari)
- Desktop integration with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook
- Pluggable authentication: LDAP or Active Directory
- Multiple Database support: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server
- Documents full preview
- Integrated OCR and Barcode recognition
- Integrated TWAIN scanner support
- Clustering support
- Infoworld Bossie Awards 2010 in category: best open source applications.
- CMS Critic Awards 2016 in category: Best Document Management System.
- "Release notes for LogicalDOC 7.7". http://wiki.logicaldoc.com/. LogicalDOC. 13 June 2017. Retrieved 13 June 2017. External link in
- "Contineo". sourceforge. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- "LogicalDOC Document Management - DMS". sourceforge. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- Gasparini, Alessandro (20 October 2008). "LogicalDOC - Document Management, DMS version 3.6 released". TheServerSide. TechTarget. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- Binstock, Andrew; Dineley, Doug; Borck, James R.; Heller, Martin; Mobley, High (25 August 2010). "Bossie Awards 2010: The best open source applications". Infoworld. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- "CMS Critic Awards 2016: The best document management system". CMS Critic.
- "QNAP listing". Qnap. Retrieved 13 June 2017.
- "LogicalDOC application now available on QNAP". EIN Presswire. Retrieved 13 June 2017.
- "The GNU Lesser General Public License, version 3.0 (LGPL-3.0)". Open Source Initiative. 29 June 2007. Retrieved 31 October 2013.