LogicalDOC - documents browser
7.7.5  / 1 March 2018
|Written in||Java, AJAX enabled|
|Available in||Multiple languages|
|Type||ECM, Document Management System, Groupware, Content Management Systems, Open Source|
Commercial Edition - Proprietary|
Community Edition - LGPL
LogicalDOC is a proprietary document management system that is designed to handle and share documents within an organization. LogicalDOC is a content repository, with Lucene indexing, Activiti workflow, and a set of automatic import procedures. The system was developed using Java technology.
In 2006 two developers with experience in commercial J2EE products decided to start a business called Logical Objects, with the mission to maintain and evolve the Open Source project Contineo. After one year, Logical Objects decided to branch the old project and to start a completely new product called LogicalDOC.
In the 2015 Logical Objects changed its business name to LogicalDOC, the same name of the product.
LogicalDOC is a proprietary document management system.
LogicalDOC is a web-based document management application, so a web browser is needed to use it. Current web browsers that have been tested for compatibility with Logical Doc include: Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome. The web interface is built using Google Web Toolkit.
The LogicalDOC architecture is based on the following technologies:
Due to its lightweight architecture, LogicalDOC can work on a wide set of devices and can be used to implement Cloud/SaaS document management.
A document management system manages personal documents or business documentation, making it easier to find a previous document version. It enables searching by content, using document content indexing. LogicalDOC has currently been localized in 15 languages. LogicalDOC can be set up to support distinct full-text indexes for each supported language in order to apply specific indexing algorithms tailored to a particular language or variant.
- Document Management
- Document revisioning (minor and major revisions)
- Image Management
- Repository access via WebDAV and Web API
- Activiti workflow
- Lucene search
- Multi-language support
- Multi-platform support (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X)
- Browser-based GUI (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari)
- Desktop integration with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook
- Pluggable authentication: LDAP or Active Directory
- Multiple Database support: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server
- Documents full preview
- Integrated OCR and Barcode recognition
- Integrated TWAIN scanner support
- Clustering support
- Infoworld Bossie Awards 2010 in category: best open source applications.
- CMS Critic Awards 2016 in category: Best Document Management System.
- "Release notes for LogicalDOC 7.7". https://wiki.logicaldoc.com/. LogicalDOC. 13 June 2017. Retrieved 1 March 2018. External link in
- "Contineo". sourceforge. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- "LogicalDOC Document Management - DMS". sourceforge. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- Gasparini, Alessandro (20 October 2008). "LogicalDOC - Document Management, DMS version 3.6 released". TheServerSide. TechTarget. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- Binstock, Andrew; Dineley, Doug; Borck, James R.; Heller, Martin; Mobley, High (25 August 2010). "Bossie Awards 2010: The best open source applications". Infoworld. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- "CMS Critic Awards 2016: The best document management system". CMS Critic.
- "QNAP listing". Qnap. Retrieved 13 June 2017.
- "LogicalDOC application now available on QNAP". EIN Presswire. Retrieved 13 June 2017.