The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (June 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Logos Foundation is a professional artistic organisation founded in 1968. It focuses on the promotion of new musics and audio related arts by means of new music production, concerts, performances, composition, technological research projects and other contemporary music related activities.
Godfried-Willem Raes is the founder and major driving force behind the Logos Foundation.
The Logos Tetrahedron is a concert hall in Ghent, Belgium adjacent to the foundation's recording studio and offices. It has seating for 150 people and is equipped with sound and light infrastructure. Since the concert hall is in the shape of a tetrahedron, it has no straight angles and, as a result, no standing waves can occur. Acoustic waves can never amplify one another in phase and are reflected by the walls under ever changing angles.
The hall is exclusively used for contemporary and experimental music, such as electronic music and computer music and holds approximately 65 concerts a year, primarily by the Logos Foundation. In 2012 they were host for the ISCM World Music Days  .
The concert hall was built in 1990 by Godfried-Willem Raes and the Logos workgroup using steel, concrete and plate-metal. Construction took one year. The hall was opened in 1991 with a three-day festival.
M&M robot orchestra
Logos houses the innovative music ensemble M&M robot orchestra (man and machine). All kinds of musical interfaces (wireless gesture control, real time sound analysis, microwave radar, acceleration sensors, pyrodetectors, lightsensors, myoelectric devices, brainwaves, EEG and ECG and so on) are combined with the results of experimental robot design. Collaborative concerts are organised involving interactive robots and musicians. They made a manual for composers who would like to write for this orchestra.   
- "The Absurdity of Copyright".
- "ISCM World Music Days 2012 in Belgium".
- "AOS Presents: Dr. Godfried-Willem Raes and His Robot Orchestra".
- "AOS Presents: Dr. Godfried-Willem Raes – Professor, Composer, music maker and President of the Logos Foundation and general director of the Logos M&M ensemble".
- "Kunstenpunt / Flanders Arts Institute <M&M> Orchestra".
- Official site of Logos Foundation
- Logos Foundation on the website of Flanders Music Centre
- Logos Tetrahedron Concert Hall
- Technical notes and infrastructure survey for musicians
|This article about a music organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Belgium-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|