Loh Gwo Burne
|Loh Gwo Burne|
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament
for Kelana Jaya
8 March 2008 – 5 May 2013
|Preceded by||Loh Seng Kok (MCA – BN)|
|Succeeded by||Wong Chen (PKR – PR)|
26 February 1974 |
|Political party||People's Justice Party|
|Alma mater||University of Hull
China University of Political Science and Law
Loh Gwo Burne (simplified Chinese: 罗国本; traditional Chinese: 羅國本; pinyin: Luō Guóběn; born 26 February 1974) is a Malaysian politician. He was the member of the Malaysian Parliament for Kelana Jaya, Selangor, from 2008 to 2013. He sat in Parliament as a member of the People's Justice (PKR) in the Pakatan Rakyat opposition coalition.
Loh first gained fame when a video that he shot lead to a Royal Commission of Inquiry into the manipulation of judicial appointments. In the 2008 election, he was named by Keadilan to contest the seat of Kelana Jaya, and subsequently defeated Barisan Nasional candidate Lee Hwa Beng and independent Billi Lim. He was not nominated by PKR to defend the parliamentary seat in the 2013 general election
Loh attended primary school at Sam Teck and secondary school at Poi Lam as well as ACS in Singapore. He has a degree in law from London and a master in law from China, though he has no intention to practice law.
|2008||Loh Gwo Burne (PKR)||30,298||51.68%||Lee Hwa Beng (MCA)||25,267||43.10%||Billi Lim Peng Soon||1,895||3.23%||58,625||5,031||71.91%|
- "The Davids who beat Goliath". The Star. 16 March 2008. Retrieved 16 January 2010.
- "Wee, Gwo Burne to contest on PKR ticket". The Star. 22 February 2008. Retrieved 16 January 2010.
- "Billi takes defeat in his stride". The Star. 10 March 2008. Retrieved 16 January 2010.
- Gwo Burne: Our Man in Kelana Jaya from Din Merican: The Malaysian DJ Blogger. 28 March 2008
- "13th MALAYSIAN GENERAL ELECTION". The Star (Malaysia). Archived from the original on 9 April 2008. Retrieved 3 January 2010.
|This article about politics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Malaysia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|