Lohardaga railway station
|Indian Railway Station|
|Location||Lohardaga, Lohardaga district, Jharkhand
|Elevation||643 metres (2,110 ft)|
|Zone(s)||South Eastern Railway|
Lohardaga Station, station code LAD, is the railway station serving the city of Lohardaga which is the headquarters of the Lohardaga district in the Indian state of Jharkhand. Lohardaga Station belongs to the Ranchi division of the South Eastern Railway Zone of the Indian Railway.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (April 2012)
The 68 kilometres (42 mi) railway track was converted from narrow gauge (2'6") to broad gauge in 2005. The track is planned to be extended 44 km more to connect with Tori railway station in Chandwa town in Latehar district. This would reduce the railway distance between Ranchi and Delhi and the railway travel time by three hours. However the construction of a tunnel under the hill between Lohardaga and Tori has not been completed even in a decade. The track has been laid only for 14 km from Lohardaga to Barkichampi and laying of the track on the remaining 30 km running through dense forests has been delayed by terrorist activities of maoists.
The major facilities available are Waiting rooms, retiring room, computerized reservation facility, Reservation Counter, Vehicle parking etc. The vehicles are allowed to enter the station premises. Security personnel from the Government Railway police(G.R.P) are present for security.
|Video of Lohardaga Station in HD taken from a moving trainretrieved 28.04.2012|
The platforms are interconnected with foot over bridge (FOB).
|Train Name||Train Number||Source||Destination|
|Ranchi Tori Passenger||08653||Ranchi||Tori|
|Tori Ranchi Passenger||08654||Tori||Ranchi|
|Ranchi Lohardaga Passenger||58657||Ranchi||Lohardaga|
|Lohardaga Ranchi Passenger||58658||Lohardaga||Ranchi|
|Ranchi Lohardaga Passenger||58653||Ranchi||Lohardaga|
|Lohardaga Ranchi Passenger||58654||Lohardaga||Ranchi|
|Ranchi Lohardaga Passenger||58651||Ranchi||Lohardaga|
|Lohardaga Ranchi Passenger||58652||Lohardaga||Ranchi|
The nearest airport to Lohardaga Station are
- Birsa Munda Airport, Ranchi 71 kilometres (44 mi)
- Gaya Airport, Gaya 163 kilometres (101 mi)
- Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Airport, Patna 276 kilometres (171 mi)
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport, Kolkata
- "RANCHI DIVISION AT A GLANCE". Official Website, South Eastern Railway, Govt of India. Archived from the original on 30 May 2013. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "List of Locations (Irrespective Of States) Where Computerized Reservation Facilities Are Available". Official website of the Indian Railways. Archived from the original on 3 July 2013. Retrieved 18 April 2012.
- "Trains at Lohardaga Station". India Rail Info. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- "Lohardaga Railway Station Details". indiantrains.org. Retrieved 1 April 2012.
- "Lohardaga Railway Station". onefivenine.com. Retrieved 31 March 2012.
|This article about a railway station in the Indian state of Jharkhand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|