|Loire 130 on catapult|
|Role||reconnaissance flying boat|
|First flight||November 19, 1934|
|Primary users||French Navy|
French Air Force
The Loire 130 originated from a mid-1930s requirement from the French Navy for a reconnaissance seaplane or flying boat that could also serve aboard French battleships and cruisers. Chosen in 1936 against five competitors (Bréguet 610, Gourdou-Leseurre GL-820 HY, Levasseur PL.200, Potez CAMS 120), the Loire 130's performance was deemed to be good and production orders for 150 of the machines were placed. It entered production in 1937 and replaced most shipborne seaplanes and flying boats already in service.
In the late 1930s, Loire 130s were serving aboard most battleships and cruisers of the French Navy, as well as aboard seaplane tender Commandant Teste. Although appearing quite obsolete and having very marginal performance for their time, quite a few Loire 130s survived the war and remained in post-war French service, especially in French colonies until 1951.
- Loire 130 M
- Production version.
- Loire 130 Cl
- Colonial variant with enlarged radiator.
Specifications (Loire 130)
Data from War Planes of the Second World War: Volume Five Flying Boats 
- Crew: 3
- Capacity: 4 passengers (as transport)
- Length: 11.300 m (37 ft 0 7⁄8 in)
- Wingspan: 15.999 m (52 ft 5 7⁄8 in)
- Height: 3.848 m (12 ft 7 1⁄2 in)
- Wing area: 38.17 m2 (410.9 sq ft)
- Empty weight: 2,050 kg (4,519 lb)
- Gross weight: 3,260 kg (7,187 lb) (catapult launch)
- Max takeoff weight: 3,500 kg (7,716 lb)
- Powerplant: 1 × Hispano-Suiza 12Xirs liquid-cooled V12 engine, 540 kW (720 hp)
- Maximum speed: 220 km/h (137 mph, 119 kn) at 2,100 m (6,890 ft)
- Cruise speed: 164 km/h (102 mph, 89 kn) at 1,500 m (4,920 ft)
- Endurance: 7.5 hr at 150 km/h (93 mph) and 500 m (1,640 ft)
- Service ceiling: 6,000 m (19,685 ft)
- Time to altitude: 12 min to 3,000 m (9,840 ft)
- Guns: 2 x 7.5 mm Darne machine guns
- Bombs: 2 x 75 kg (165 lb) bombs
- List of aircraft of the French Air Force during World War II
- List of aircraft of World War II
- List of Interwar military aircraft
- List of seaplanes and amphibious aircraft
- Green 1968, p.38.
- Green, William (1962). War Planes of the Second World War: Volume Five Flying Boats. Macdonald:London. ISBN 0-356-01449-5.
- Morareau, Lucien (2002). Les aéronefs de l'aviation maritime (1910–1942). ARDHAN, ISBN 2-913344-04-6.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Loire 130.|