|Loire 130 on a model of Dunkerque|
|Role||reconnaissance flying boat|
|First flight||November 19, 1934|
|Primary users||French Navy
French Air Force
The Loire 130 originated from a mid-1930s requirement from the French Navy for a reconnaissance seaplane or flying boat that could also serve aboard French battleships and cruisers. Chosen in 1936 against five competitors (Bréguet 610, Gourdou-Leseurre GL-820 HY, Levasseur PL.200, Potez CAMS 120), the Loire 130's performance was deemed to be good and production orders for 150 of the machines were placed. It entered production in 1937 and replaced most shipborne seaplanes and flying boats already in service.
In the late 1930s, Loire 130s were serving aboard most battleships and cruisers of the French Navy, as well as aboard seaplane tender Commandant Teste. Although appearing quite obsolete and having very marginal performance for their time, quite a few Loire 130s survived the war and remained in post-war French service, especially in French colonies until 1951.
- Loire 130 M
- Production version.
- Loire 130 Cl
- Colonial variant with enlarged radiator.
Specifications (Loire 130)
Data from War Planes of the Second World War: Volume Five Flying Boats 
- Crew: 3
- Capacity: 4 passengers (as transport)
- Length: 11.30 m (37 ft 0⅞ in)
- Wingspan: 16.00 m (52 ft 5⅞ in)
- Height: 3.85 m (12 ft 7½ in)
- Wing area: 38.20 m² (411 ft²)
- Empty weight: 2,054 kg (4,519 lb)
- Loaded weight: 3,507 kg (7,716 lb)
- Powerplant: 1 × Hispano-Suiza 12Xirs 12-cylinder vee, 537 kW (720 hp)
- Maximum speed: 221 km/h (119 knots, 137 mph)
- Cruise speed: 164 km/h (89 knots, 102 mph)
- Service ceiling: 6,056 m (19,865 ft)
- Endurance: 7.5 hours
- Climb to 3,000 m (9,800 ft): 12 min
- Guns: 2 x 7.5 mm Darne machine guns
- Bombs: 2 x 75 kg (165 lb) bombs
- Related lists
- List of Interwar military aircraft
- List of aircraft of World War II
- List of aircraft of the French Air Force during World War II
- List of seaplanes and flying boats
- Green 1968, p.38.
- Green, William (1962). War Planes of the Second World War: Volume Five Flying Boats. Macdonald:London. ISBN 0-356-01449-5.
- Morareau, Lucien (2002). Les aéronefs de l'aviation maritime (1910-1942). ARDHAN, ISBN 2-913344-04-6.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Loire 130.|