|Lois E. Delander|
Miss America 1927
March 14, 1911|
|Died||January 23, 1985(aged 73)|
|Known for||Miss America 1927. One of the most famous models appearing in the Gerlach Barklow Co. art calendars|
Lois Eleanor Delander (February 14, 1911 – January 23, 1985) was Miss America in 1927.
Delander, a native of Joliet, Illinois and high school junior, aged 16, won the crown on her parents' twentieth wedding anniversary. The pageant was not held again until 1932. She died near Chicago in 1985.
- "Miss America History 1927". Archived from the original on 2006-09-23. Retrieved 2006-12-23.
- Sorensen, Karen (2012-02-22). "Old Calendars Now Now Coveted by Collectors, Plainfield Historians Say". Plainfield Patch. Plainfield, IL. Retrieved 2013-06-07.
- "Adelaide Hiebel". CityofJoliet.com. Retrieved 2013-06-07.
- * LIFE Magazine Vol. 47, No. 13 vom 28. September 1959, ISSN 0024-3019, Published by Time Inc.; p. 89
- Russell Roberts, Richard Youmans : Down the Jersey Shore, Rutgers University Press, 1993 ISBN 0-8135-1996-9, p. 89
- A pastel of Lois Delander wearing a white bathing suit, by Adelaide Hiebel
|Awards and achievements|
|This biography article about a United States contestant in a beauty pageant is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|