|Elevation||1,622 m (5,322 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+3 (EAT)|
Loitokitok town lies within the foothills and in full view of Mount Kilimanjaro.
Tourists used to access and climb Kilimanjaro through Loitokitok as it was easily accessible to the north trail of Kilimanjaro. Mount Kilimanjaro is located right across the border and there are usually elephant migrations through the Kilimanjaro forest reserve via Olmolog and Kitendeni wildlife corridor.
Currently the Rongai route is operated fully from Tanzania and tourists pass through Kilimanjaro International Airport.
To climb Mount Kilimanjaro through Rongai route, tourists or Tour Operator must register and pay for Kilimanjaro gate permit at Marangu gate. Arriving at Marangu gate can be through Kilimanjaro International Airport, having IATA code JRO.
Director originates from Tarakea Town, which is closer to Rongai and Loitokitok Kajiado. Have climbed Kilimanjaro many times since 1994 when he completed secondary studies.
Loitokitok is small but growing town in southeastern Kenya, at the border with Tanzania. The town was previously the administrative headquarters of the former Loitokitok District in which it was located. Loitokitok is served by a general government hospital and by Loitokitok Airstrip.
At this time there is no recent, reliable population estimate for the town of Loitokitok.
Points of Interest
Loitokitok or its environs, is the location of the following points of interest:
- The offices of Loitokitok Town Council
- The headquarters of Loitokitok District Administration
- Loitokitok General Hospital - Owned and administered by the Kenya Ministry of Health
- Loitokitok Post Office
- The International border between Kenya and the Republic of Tanzania - the border lies immediately southwest of the central business district of Loitokitok.
- A branch of Kenya Commercial Bank - A private financial institution
- A branch of Equity Bank - A private financial institution
- Loitokitok Airport - A public, civilian airfield
- A branch of BIMAS KENYA, A private financial institution