Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Airport
|Jai Prakash Narayan Airport
जय प्रकाश नारायण हवाई अड्डा
|IATA: PAT – ICAO: VEPT|
|Operator||Airports Authority of India|
|Elevation AMSL||170 ft / 52 m|
Jai Prakash Narayan Domestic Airport (IATA: PAT, ICAO: VEPT) is located 5 kilometres (2.7 NM) southwest of Patna, the capital of state of Bihar in India. It is the 23rd busiest airport in India, and the annual passenger traffic increased by 32 per cent in the 2015-16. The Airports Authority of India (AAI) has proposed to extend the terminal over an area of 11.5 acres for sustaining air operations at least till 2035. A new terminal building would be constructed and connected to the existing building via skybridge. In addition, the AAI has planned to develop a civil enclave at Bihta Air Force Station, 20 kilometres away from Patna, to cater to larger aircraft.
The airport covers an area of 254 acres (103 ha) and resides at an elevation of 170 feet (52 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 07/25 with an asphalt surface measuring 1,954 by 45 metres (6,411 ft × 148 ft).
Airlines and destinations
|GoAir||Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Ranchi|
|IndiGo||Bangalore,Chennai, Delhi, Goa, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Ranchi, Raipur, (begins 15 Nov 2016)|
|Jet Airways||Delhi, Kolkata|
|Blue Dart Aviation||Delhi|
Private taxis and prepaid autorickshaw services are available to and from the airport.
- "TRAFFIC STATISTICS - DOMESTIC & INTERNATIONAL PASSENGERS" (jsp). Aai.aero. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- List of busiest airports in India by passenger traffic
- "Airport takes big leap...".
- "Bihta gets bigger wings". The Telegraph. 8 April 2016. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Airport: Technical Information". Airports Authority of India. Retrieved 31 March 2010.
- Airport information for VEPT from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
- "Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Airport gets Women driven Prepaid Auto Services". Retrieved 4 September 2013.
- Accident description at the Aviation Safety Network