|Airport type||Public, Civilian|
|Owner||Kenya Civil Aviation Authority|
|Elevation AMSL||1,804 ft / 550 m|
Lokitaung Airport (IATA: n/a, ICAO: HKLG) is located in Turkana County, in the town of Lokitaung, in the northwestern part of the Republic of Kenya, close to the International borders with Ethiopia and South Sudan.
Its location is approximately 635 kilometres (395 mi), by air, northwest of Nairobi International Airport, the country’s largest civilian airport. The geographic coordinates of Lodwar Airport are:4° 19' 12.00"N, 35° 41' 24.00"E (Latitude:4.320000; Longitude:35.690000).
Lokitaung Airport is a civilian airport that serves the town of Lokitaung and surrounding communities. Situated at 1,804 feet (550 m) above sea level, the airport has a single unpaved runway, length poorly marked, but from 750 to 900 meters.
Airlines and destinations
There is no regular, scheduled airline service to Lokitaung Airport at this time.
- "Distance between Lokitaung (Rift Valley) and Jomo Kenyatta Airport Nairobi (Nairobi Area) (Kenya)". distancecalculator.globefeed.com. Retrieved 2018-08-21.
- "Site Weather Station HKLG in Lokitaung Airport, RV, Kenya". CWOP Weather. Retrieved 2018-08-21.
- Location of Lokitaung Airport At Google Maps
- Website of Kenya Airports Authority
- Airport information for HKLG at Great Circle Mapper.