|Birth name||Pascal Lokua Kanza|
Bukavu, Belgian Congo
|Labels||BMG, Universal Records|
Lokua Kanza was born Pascal Lokua Kanza in Bukavu in the province of Sud-Kivu, in the eastern part of the Democratic Republic of Congo. He is the eldest of eight children, with a Mongo father and a Tutsi mother from Rwanda. In 1964, the family went to live in Kinshasa in a middle class area, until the day when Pascal's father, a ship's captain, died. His mother then moved to a much poorer area of the city, and Pascal had to work to feed the family. As well as singing in churches[clarification needed]. Lokua Kanza sings in French, Swahili, Lingala, Portuguese, and English. He was a coach in The Voice Afrique Francophone in 2016 and 2017.
- Lokua Kanza (1993, Universal)
- Wapi Yo (1995, BMG)
- 3 (1998, Universal)
- Toyebi Te (2002, Universal)
- Toto Bona Lokua (2004, No Format!) with Richard Bona & Gerald Toto
- Plus Vivant (2005, Universal)
- Nkolo (2010)
- "Festival International Nuits D Afrique". The Gazette Canada. 12 July 2003. p. 66.