Lollipop (Big Bang and 2NE1 song)
|Promotional single by Big Bang and 2NE1|
|from the album 2NE1|
|Released||March 27, 2009|
|Big Bang singles chronology|
"Lollipop" is a song by Big Bang and 2NE1, created to promote a cellphone by LG Cyon. It interpolates the 1958 hit "Lollipop" written by Julius Dixson and Beverly Ross. The song hit the top spot on various online charts, including a 4-week #1 run on music portal M.Net. "Lollipop" was used to debut 2NE1 unofficially, as it does not serve as their debut single. DJ Wreckx remixed the song for Cyon Bboy Championships. The song went to sell over 3 million digital downloads and became a huge-hit in South Korea, topping the Cyworld chart for April 2009.
A sample of 2NE1 and Big Bang's "Lollipop."
Problems playing this file? See media help.
The song was used for cellphone LG Cyon. It charted number one on offline and online charts in Korea. It was not performed on any TV show except YG's 2010 Tour. "Fire" was marked as 2NE1's official debut.
The video was filmed in the first week of March 2009. It premiered on March 28, 2009. The video shows both groups dancing together in rainbow and multi-colored shot. A behind-the-scenes version was premiered a few weeks later on May 2, 2009. The video was directed by Hyun Young-seong. On May 15, 2009, YG Entertainment's official YouTube uploaded the full music video.
The original video showed 2NE1 singing in front of a white screen for the intro, then introduces both BIGBANG and 2NE1 together in a color-changing room. Each is introduced in a solo act with the following rooms:
- T.O.P in a red or yellow room
- G-Dragon in a pink or blue room
- Dara in a purple room
- CL in a purple or green room
- Minzy in a pink room (later edited into a red room, as well)
- Taeyang in a blue or purple room
- Seungri in a yellow or red room, donning glasses
- Daesung in a pink room
- Bom in a pink room (later edited into a blue room, as well)
A alternate version was later made that did not show the bit of 2NE1 in front of the white screen. Instead, it was replaced with Dara in her blue room, whereas she performed the verse. Other scenes were changed to include the promotion for the LG CYON cell phone.
|1.||"Lollipop"||Teddy Park||Teddy Park||3:08|
- (in Korean)Lee, Duna. '여자빅뱅' CF통해 모습 공개한다 ("Female Big Bang" First Shown Through Commercial) Archived 2011-05-11 at the Wayback Machine.. uKopia. March 26, 2009. Retrieved May 6, 2009.
- (in Korean)Kim, Hyeong-woo. 빅뱅-2NE1 ‘롤리팝’ 엠넷차트 4주연속 1위 기염 (Big Bang-2NE1 "Lollipop" M-Net 4-Week #1)[permanent dead link]. Joins.com/Newsen. April 28, 2009. Retrieved May 6, 2009.
- (in Korean)빅뱅에 숟가락 얹은 ‘2NE1’ 성공할 수 있을까? (Big Bang's Helping Hand for 2NE1; Can They Succeed?). Kukinews. April 14, 2009. Retrieved April 22, 2009.
- Kallen, Stuart (2014). K-Pop: Korea’s Musical Explosion. Twenty-First Century Books. p. 7. Retrieved September 27, 2015.
- "2009년 4월". Cyworld. Archived from the original on 1 October 2011.
- (in Korean) Kim, Hui-jeong. 2NE1, 가요계에 돌풍 일으키나? (2NE1, a K-Pop Blast?) Archived 2009-08-05 at the Wayback Machine.. Korea Economic Daily. June 1, 2009. Retrieved June 3, 2009.
- "나에게오라 :: 빅뱅과 투애니원 롤리팝(2NE1) LG전자Lollipop CF 화제만발". Good Apple. April 2, 2009. Retrieved March 23, 2018.
- "불법 음악파일 유포 순위 '2NE1' 1위 (Illegal music downloads help 2NE1 reach #1)". Boan News. July 11, 2009. Retrieved March 23, 2018.
- "BIGBANG & 2NE1 - LOLLIPOP M/V". YG Entertainment Official YouTube. May 15, 2009. Retrieved March 23, 2018.
- "2NE1 1st Digital Single [FIRE] 5월 6일 공개!!". YG Entertainment. May 11, 2009. Retrieved March 23, 2018.