Lolo Hot Springs, Montana
Lolo Hot Springs (Salish: smtt̓m̓čqi or sntt̓mčqey, "Steam on a Ridge Top" ) is an unincorporated community in Missoula County, Montana, United States. It is centered on a commercial hot springs and contains a hotel and restaurant. Lolo Hot Springs is the westernmost settlement along U.S. Highway 12 in Montana.
The Salish name for the surrounding area is q̓ʷlótqne or čmulši.
- "Salish Audio Fil". Salish-Pend d'Oreille Culture Committee. 2014. Retrieved 2014-06-28.
- Tachini, Pete (2010). Seliš nyoʻnuntn, Medicine for the Salish language : English to Salish translation dictionary (2nd ed.). Pablo, MT: Salish Kootenai College Press. p. 374. ISBN 9781934594063.
- Delta Sky Mag: 124. January 2011. Missing or empty
- Briggeman, Kim (2014-02-06). "Lolo Hot Springs was home to first, 'pretty crude' American luge run". Missoulian. Retrieved 2014-02-07.
- 3. The Journals of Lewis and Clark, Bernard DeVoto, 413, 1981