Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up Lombard in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The term Lombard refers to members of or things related, directly or indirectly, to Lombardy, a region in northern Italy encompassing in the past all of northern Italy.
History and culture
- Lombards, a Germanic tribe
- Lombards of Sicily, a linguistic minority living in Sicily, southern Italy
- Lombard banking, Lombard is a historical term for pawn shops or moneychangers in the Middle Ages
- Lombard League, a medieval alliance of some 30 cities in Northern Italy
- Lombard rhythm, a musical rhythm, especially used in Baroque music
- Lombardic capitals, a style of decorative upper-case letter found in medieval manuscripts.
- The current Lombard language, a Romance language spoken in Northern Italy (Lombardy), and in some parts of Switzerland and Brasil
- The extinct Lombardic language (Longobardic), a Germanic language spoken by the Longobards
- Lombard effect, a phenomenon in which a speaker or singer involuntarily raises his or her vocal intensity in the presence of high levels of sound
- ICICI Lombard, an insurance company in India
- Le Lombard (or Editions Lombard), the Belgian comic book publisher
- Lombard Bank, a bank in Malta
- Lombard credit, a form of lending used by central banks
- Lombard Direct, an insurance company in the United Kingdom
- United States
- Lombard (surname)
- Automobiles Lombard, a French automobile manufacturer in the 1920s
- Lombard, codename of third generation PowerBook G3 laptop computers made by Apple Computer from 1999 to 2001
- Anna Lombard, a 1901 novel by Annie Sophie Cory writing as Victoria Cross
- Lombard (band), Polish rock band
- Lombard College, a now defunct institution of higher education in Galesburg, Illinois
- Lombard (grape), another name for the German/Italian wine grape Trollinger
- Enfariné noir, French wine grape that is also known as Lombard
- "Lombard" (Miami Vice), an episode from the Miami Vice television series
- Lombard (gun), an early cannon
- Lombard (magazine), an Italian business magazine
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Lombard.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.