Bank Lombard Odier & Co
|Corporate partnership (société en commandite par actions)|
|Patrick Odier, Christophe Hentsch, Anne-Marie de Weck, Hubert Keller, Frédéric Rochat, Hugo Bänziger|
|AUM||CHF 164 billion (USD 185 billion)|
Number of employees
Lombard Odier was founded in 1796 in Geneva, where it has its headquarters. The bank, which has been a family business for seven generations, is run by its partners. They are both owners and managers, and they are equally involved in strategy and management as well as client services.
The bank, which is present in all the world's major financial centres, has a network of 26 offices covering 19 jurisdictions and employs around 2,180 people.
Some years ago, Lombard Odier decided to accelerate the development of its private-client activities in Europe, Asia and Switzerland, strengthen its asset management services, and make its technology platform available to finance professionals.
- Total client assets: CHF 224 billion
- Assets under management CHF 160 billion
- Fitch rating: AA- Ratio CET1 at 25.7% according to Basel III 
The group is organised around three areas of activity with total client assets of CHF 224 billion.
Lombard Odier offers its private clients a range of wealth management solutions such as portfolio management under a discretionary or advisory mandate, succession planning, tax reporting, or custody services.
Asset management unit
Through its branch LOIM (Lombard Odier Investment Managers), Lombard Odier offers its clients risk-based asset allocation, themed equity investments, convertible bonds, and absolute return strategies.
Technology and banking services
Lombard Odier provides clients of banking and technology services with access to its IT and operational infrastructure, as well as global custody and reporting services.
As a family-run business, the bank is actively committed to the promotion, study and development of the family business model. In addition, through the Fondation Lombard Odier, the firm supports numerous philanthropic activities in the fields of innovation, entrepreneurship and the training of young people.
- 1796 : Foundation of Hy Hentsch & Cie by Henri Hentsch
- 1798 : Creation of the bank Henri Hentsch & Lombard by Henri Hentsch and Jean Gédéon Lombard
- 1800 : Financiers of the mining industry
- 1857 : Co-foundation of the Geneva Stock Exchange (20 years before the Zurich Stock Exchange)
- 1872 : Foundation by James Odier and Jules Darier-Rey of the first life insurance company in Geneva
- 1880 : Involvement in the funding of the Swiss rail network
- 1907 : Co-foundation of the Swiss National Bank
- 1910 : Implementation of a pension fund for the firm's employees
- 1950 : Pioneers in the creation and distribution of investment funds in Europe
- 1951 : First private bank to set up an office abroad (office opened in Montreal)
- 1957 : Installation of the firm's first IT system
- 1979 : First European bank with a seat on the New York Stock Exchange
- 1993 : Involvement in the implementation of the Swiss Electronic Stock Exchange
- 1995 : Launch of first sectoral fund in collaboration with scientific experts
- 2002 : Establishment of Lombard Odier Darier Hentsch & Cie
- 2009 : Creation of the Lombard Odier brand
- 2011 : New company name: Lombard Odier & Co
- 2014 : The bank becomes Lombard Odier & Co Ltd, a corporate partnership (société en commandite par actions)
- "Lombard Odier - The Partners". lombardodier.com.
- Cross Systems. "Bank Lombard Odier & Co Ltd - SPBA". abps.ch.
- "Lombard Odier et Mirabaud publient leurs premiers résultats". hebdo.ch.
- "The Lombard Odier Group reports 2014 results". lombardodier.com.
- Ludovic Goix. "Le Groupe Lombard Odier publie ses résultats pour le 1er semestre 2014". lelezard.com.
- "Die Lombard Odier Gruppe veröffentlicht die Ergebnisse für das 1. Halbjahr 2014". presseportal.de.
- "Lombard Odier - Key dates". lombardodier.com.