|Foaled||February 3, 1980|
|Breeder||Warner L. Jones, William S. Farish III and William S. Kilroy|
|Gladness Stakes (1983)
2000 Guineas Stakes (1983)
Lomond was a bay horse bred in Kentucky by the partnership of Warner L. Jones, William S. Farish III and William S. Kilroy. He was sold as a foal in a private transaction for US$1.5 million to British racing's leading owner, Robert Sangster, who had built his highly successful stable from Northern Dancer offspring.
Lomond's dam was My Charmer, a granddaughter of U.S. Racing Hall of Fame inductee Round Table. My Charmer was an outstanding broodmare who produced 1977 U.S. Triple Crown champion Seattle Slew. As well, she produced Seattle Dancer, who sold at the July 1985 Keeneland Sales for US$13.1 million, the highest amount ever paid for a yearling at public auction.
As a sire in Ireland, Lomond notably produced:
- Dark Lomond (1985) - winner of the 1988 Irish St. Leger
- Varadavour (1989) - won Carleton F. Burke Handicap
- Marling - (1989) - won Cheveley Park Stakes, Irish 1000 Guineas, Coronation Stakes, Sussex Stakes
- N B Forrest (1992) - a three-time winner of the Battlefield Stakes at Monmouth Park Racetrack.
- Valanour (1992) - wins include two Group Ones, the Grand Prix de Paris and Prix Ganay.
Northern Dancer (CAN)
My Charmer (USA)
|Fair Charmer (USA)
|Jet Action||Jet Pilot|
|Crepe Myrtle (Family 13-c)|