Lon Milo DuQuette
|Lon Milo DuQuette|
DuQuette outside The Gypsy Den, Santa Ana, CA, 2011
July 11, 1948|
Long Beach, California, U.S.
Lon Milo DuQuette (born July 11, 1948), also known as Rabbi Lamed Ben Clifford, is an American writer, lecturer, musician, and occultist, best known as an author who applies humor in the field of Western Hermeticism.
Born in Long Beach, California and raised in Columbus, Nebraska, he was an aspiring studio musician and recording artist in the 1970s, releasing two singles and an album, Charley D. and Milo, on the Epic Records label. He and his partner Charles Dennis Harris (now Charley Packard), opened for Hoyt Axton, Arlo Guthrie and performed with Sammy Davis Jr. In 1972, he quit the music business and for the next 25 years he pursued his interest in mysticism, particularly the work of Aleister Crowley (1875–1947). DuQuette began writing professionally in 1988 and has since published 16 books (translated in 12 languages).
A 2005 gift of a ukulele re-ignited his interest in music. Two self-released CD's and a new record contract followed. In 2012, DuQuette released I'm Baba Lon on Ninety Three Records, his first studio album in 40 years. On September 3, 2012, Ninety Three released the follow-up, Baba Lon II.
He is married to his high school sweetheart, Constance Jean Duquette. They live in Costa Mesa, California and have one son.
DuQuette has written a number of successful books on topics in the Western mystical tradition including: Freemasonry, Tarot, Qabalah, ceremonial magick, the Enochian magick of Dr. John Dee, and Goetic spirit evocation. He is perhaps best known as "an author who injects humor into the serious subjects of magick and the occult."  His autobiography, My Life with the Spirits, is currently a required text for two classes at DePaul University, Chicago.
Many of DuQuette's books have been dedicated to analyzing and exploring the works of Aleister Crowley (1875–1947), an English occultist, author, poet and philosopher.
DuQuette occasionally appears on radio and television as a guest expert on subjects involving the occult.
Ordo Templi Orientis
Since 1975 DuQuette has been a National and International governing officer of Ordo Templi Orientis, a religious and fraternal organization founded in the early part of the 20th century. Since 1996 he has been O.T.O.'s United States Deputy Grand Master. He is also an Archbishop of Ecclesia Gnostica Catholica, the ecclesiastical arm of O.T.O  and the longest living member of the O.T.O after the death of Phyllis Seckler.
- DuQuette, Lon Milo: & Aleister Crowley, Christopher Hyatt: Enochian World of Aleister Crowley: Enochian Sex Magick, New Falcon, 1991.
- DuQuette, Lon Milo: & Christopher Hyatt: Sex Magic, Tantra & Tarot: The Way of the Secret Lover, New Falcon, 1991.
- DuQuette, Lon Milo: & Aleister Crowley, Christopher Hyatt: Aleister Crowley's Illustrated Goetia: Sexual Evocation, New Falcon, 1992.
- DuQuette, Lon Milo: Tarot of Ceremonial Magick: A Pictorial Synthesis of Three Great Pillars of Magick: Enochian, Goetia, Astrology, Weiser Books, 1995.
- DuQuette, Lon Milo: Angels, Demons & Gods of the New Millennium, Weiser Books, 1997.
- DuQuette, Lon Milo: My Life With the Spirits: The Adventures of a Modern Magician, Weiser Books, 1999.
- DuQuette, Lon Milo: The Chicken Qabalah of Rabbi Lamed Ben Clifford: Dilettante's Guide to What You Do and Do Not Need to Know to Become a Qabalist, Weiser Books, 2001.
- DuQuette, Lon Milo: The Magick of Aleister Crowley: A Handbook of the Rituals of Thelema, Weiser Books, 2003.
- DuQuette, Lon Milo: Understanding Aleister Crowley's Thoth Tarot, Weiser Books, 2003.
- DuQuette, Lon Milo: The Book Of Ordinary Oracles, Weiser Books, 2005.
- DuQuette, Lon Milo: The Key to Solomon's Key: Secrets of Magic and Masonry, Ccc Publishing, 2006.
- DuQuette, Lon Milo: Accidental Christ: The Story of Jesus as Told by His Uncle, Thelema Aura Publishing, 2007.
- DuQuette, Lon Milo: Enochian Vision Magick, Weiser Books, 2008.
- DuQuette, Lon Milo: Low Magick: It's All In Your Head... You Just Have No Idea How Big Your Head Is, Llewellyn Publications, 2010.
- DuQuette, Lon Milo: Ask Baba Lon: Answers to Questions of Life & Magick, New Falcon Publications, 2011.
- DuQuette, Lon Milo & Bratkowsky, James M: "Revolt of the Magicians", Orobas Press, 2011.
- DuQuette, Lon Milo: "Homemade Magick: The Musings and Mischief of a Do-it-yourself Magus" Llewellyn Publications U.S., 2014.
- Charley D. And Milo—Charley D. Harris and Lon Milo DuQuette, Epic, 1970.
- I'm Baba Lon, Ninety Three Records, 2012.
- Baba Lon II, Ninety Three Records, 2012.
- Gentle Heretic, Ninety Three Records, 2013.
- Sweet Baba Lon, Ninety Three Records, 2015.
- Lon Milo DuQuette's Enochian Magick - The Art of Angelic Evocation, Hooded Man Productions. 1994.
- Magical Egypt, Cydonia, Inc. 2000.
- Qabalah For the Rest of Us, Cydonia, Inc. 2002.
- The Great Work, Cydonia, Inc. 2008.
- Lon Milo DuQuette Live and Uncensored—Tarot Kabbalah & Oracles, Cydonia, Inc. 2005.
- The Call—Dieter Müh and Lon Milo Duquette, HaemOccult, 2009.
- "Lon Milo DuQuette: Author of Books On Magick and Mysticism". August 1, 2001. Archived from the original on 12 May 2012. Retrieved 28 March 2012.
- Lon Milo DuQuette (January 4, 2011). "Every Little Thing He Does Is Magick" (Interview). Interviewed by Alan Corcoran. www.ocmusicscene.com. Archived from the original on March 26, 2016. Retrieved March 29, 2012.
- Berg, Tom (March 7, 2012). "Singer comes back at 63; occult ties help". Orange County Register, p. 1
- Beers, Joel (March 8, 2012). "Magickal Mystery Tour". OC Weekly, p. 49
- Occult Expert and Author Returns to Musical Roots at the Chance Theater, Associated Press, February 22, 2012
- "Lon Milo DuQuette Releases New Song Collection". September 3, 2012. Retrieved 5 October 2012.
- DuQuette, Lon Milo (1999-06-01). My Life With The Spirits: The Adventures of a Modern Magician. Red Wheel / Weiser. ISBN 1-57863-120-3.
- "Lon Milo DuQuette". July 22, 2008. Retrieved 28 March 2012.
- Lon Milo DuQuette (April 5, 2010). "America's Occultist: An Interview with Lon Milo DuQuette" (Interview). Interviewed by Star Foster. Patheos. Retrieved March 29, 2012.
- "Lon Milo DuQuette - Omega Institute". Retrieved 2010-11-29.
- Agape 1.3 (PDF), retrieved 2010-11-29
- Lon Milo DuQuette, My Life With The Spirits: The Adventures of a Modern Magician (Red Wheel/Weiser, 1999). ISBN 1-57863-120-3
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Lon Milo DuQuette|
- Duquette's Writers Net Profile
- PaganNews.com Interview with Lon Milo Duquette
- Charley D. and Milo Album
- I'm Baba Lon Compact Disc
- Baba Lon II Compact Disc
- Gentle Heretic Compact Disc
- Sweet Baba Lon Compact Disc
- OC Music Scene Interview
- Baba Lon II Release