|Full name||London Bees|
|Founded||1975(as District Line Ladies F.C.)|
|Ground||The Hive Stadium, Edgware|
|Capacity||6,916 (6,186 seated)|
|League||FA WSL 2|
London Bees is an English women's football club affiliated with Barnet F.C.. They play in the FA WSL 2. The club has been in existence under several names since 1975. Originally titled District Line Ladies F.C. The team became officially affiliated with Barnet F.C. when Barnet F.C. Ladies, were re-branded as London Bees after joining the new WSL 2 for the 2014 season. The club have a First team and Development team (U21's) at present which all train and play at The Hive Stadium under the management of Head Coach Luke Swindlehurst.
The club began in 1975 as District Line Ladies FC then tied up with Wembley FC in 1993 to become Wembley Ladies FC. In 1997 the club moved to play at Hanwell Town FC but kept the Wembley Ladies name. Then in 1998 the club became affiliated to Barnet FC, amalgamating with the existing Barnet Ladies FC from the Greater London League to form Barnet FC Ladies.
In March 2010 Barnet F.C. Ladies were announced as an unsuccessful bidder for the FA Women's Super League. In 2013, they were successful in their bid to join the WSL under their new name of London Bees for the 2014 season.
In the 2016 FA WSL summer season, London Bees became the first WSL 2 club to reach the semi-finals of the FA WSL Cup, after notable wins against Chelsea Ladies on penalties and Sheffield Ladies in their quarter-final fixture. They were later defeated in the semi-final by Birmingham City Ladies.
- As of 15 September 2017.
|3||Defender||Sophie Fogarty (vice-captain)||England|
|17||Midfielder||Emma Beckett (captain)||Ireland|
Current technical staff
As of July 2017.
|General Manager||Luke Swindlehurst|
|First Team Manager||Luke Swindlehurst|
|Development Manager (U21's)||Liban Mude|
|Goalkeeping Coach||Craig McCreeth|
|Club Doctor||Naheem Ali|
|Lead physiotherapist||Nicola Bottioni|
|Conditioning Coach||Luke Callis|
|Marketing Officer||Amy Colson|
Notable former players
Players who played for District Line Ladies, Wembley Ladies, Barnet FC Ladies or London Bees and received recognition at full international level
- FA Women's Premier League Southern Division:
- Winners (2): 1992–93 (as District Line), 2009–10 (as Barnet F.C. Ladies)
- FA Women's Premier League Cup:
- Winners (2): 1995–96 (as Wembley Ladies), 2010–11
- FA WSL Cup:
- Semi-Finalist: 2016, Continental Cup
- FA WSL 2 Golden Boot Award
- Winner: Jo Wilson with 10 League goals in 2016
- "Breaking | Luke Swindlehurst named as new London Bees head coach". londonbeeswsl.com. Retrieved 15 July 2017.
- "Lincoln Ladies FA Women's Super League bid success". BBC. 22 March 2010. Archived from the original on 28 March 2010. Retrieved 28 March 2010.
- Leighton, Tony (21 March 2010). "Lincoln City the surprise name in newly formed Women's Super League". London: The Guardian. Archived from the original on 25 March 2010. Retrieved 28 March 2010.
- "London Bees confirm Squad Numbers for 2017/18". London Bees Official site. Retrieved 19 March 2017.