London Buses route 113
|Night-time||Night Bus N113|
|Start||Edgware bus station|
|End||Oxford Circus station|
After 70 years of operation between Edgware and Oxford Circus, the route was withdrawn between Oxford Circus and Orchard Street, and diverted to Marble Arch (returning from Portman Street) on 7 November 2009 as part of the Mayor of London's pledge to reduce the number of buses using Oxford Street, breaking some 2,100 daily passenger journeys on the route between Oxford Street, Hendon, Mill Hill and Edgware. The route was also planned for simultaneous conversion to 24-hour operation in 2009, along with improvements to evening and Sunday frequencies, and a possible diversion in Mill Hill via The Broadway, Hale Lane and Selvage Lane.
However, these improvement plans did not come to fruition at the same time as the curtailment to Marble Arch, and were postponed until the next contract commenced in March 2012. Transport for London published their proposals to create an N113 running along the normal daytime route from Edgware to Oxford Street, but additionally serving Oxford Circus, Piccadilly Circus and Trafalgar Square. The N113 was eventually introduced on 30 June 2012. Upon being re-tendered, the route was retained by Metroline with a new contract commencing on 31 March 2012. In 2015, TfL consulted on plans to restore the historic southern terminus of Oxford Circus. These plans were initially suspended but revived again in 2016. This took effect from 1 April 2017 when Metroline commenced a new contract.
Route 113 operates via these primary locations:
- Edgware bus station for Edgware station
- Mill Hill Circus
- Hendon Central station
- Brent Cross
- Finchley Road & Frognal station
- Finchley Road station
- Swiss Cottage station
- St John's Wood station
- Lord's Cricket Ground
- Baker Street station
- Bond Street station
- Oxford Circus station
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-12-28. Retrieved 2010-04-24.
- "Streets ahead: Relieving congestion on Oxford Street, Regent Street and Bond Street" (PDF). London Assembly Transport Committee. 4 February 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 July 2011. Retrieved 9 May 2010. See Appendix 1.
- Andrew Dismore. Retrieved 2011-09-18.
- Bus service proposal: new night bus route N113 and changes to route N13 Transport for London
- Tender News BusTalk (Go-Ahead London) issue 5 December 2011
- Proposed changes to bus routes serving Abbey Road and Finchley Road Transport for London
- Bus service proposals: Route 13, 82, 113, 139 & 189 Transport for London
- Bus Service Changes 11 March to 16 April 2017 Transport for London 24 March 2017
- Route 113 Map Transport for London
- Media related to London Buses route 113 at Wikimedia Commons