London Buses route 127
|Length||9 miles (14 km)|
On 22 March 1986, route 127 was transferred to London Country Bus Services' Chelsham garage. When this operation was split up on 7 September 1986, route 127 passed to London Country South West and was then included in the 19 February 1988 sale of the business to the Drawlane Group which in turn was restructured as British Bus in November 1992.
On 27 March 1993, it was withdrawn between Purley and Selsdon. On 28 June 1997, route 127 was converted to single deck operation.
On 1 August 1998, the route passed to London General's Merton garage. Upon being re-tendered, the route passed to Mitcham Belle on 10 April 1999. Route 127 was included in the 27 August 2004 sale of Mitcham Belle's Transport for London bus contracts to Centra.
- Tooting Broadway
- Woodcote Green
- Out on its own Commercial Motor 6 December 1986 page 54
- London Country Bus (South West) Commercial Motor 25 February 1988 page 7
- £6m payment renews fat-cat row The Independent 27 November 1995
- Tfl announces new entrant to London bus market Transport for London 27 August 2004
- Bus tender results Route 127 Transport for London 20 October 2005
- Bus tender results Route 127 Transport for London 19 July 2012
- Tender News Bus Talk (Go-Ahead London) issue 18 October 2012