London Buses route 132
|Vehicle||Volvo B7TL 10.1m / Plaxton President
Alexander Dennis Enviro400 10.1m
|Peak vehicle requirement||12|
|Night-time||Night Bus N21|
|End||North Greenwich bus station|
|Length||10 miles (16 km)|
|Journey time||38-70 minutes|
|Operates||05:30 until 00:30|
In 1950, the route operated as a circular route from Eltham Well Hall station to Bexleyheath, with extra trips running between 13:30 and 17:00 weekdays from Eltham to Bexley Hospital. In March 1959 the circular route was discontinued and replaced by a service from Eltham Well Hall station to Bexleyheath garage via Blendon, Danson Road, and Crook Log.
As part of the Trolleybus Replacement Programme, journeys on weekdays and Saturday mornings continued onto Erith. The summer of 1964 saw the route change again, always starting at Eltham, to Bexleyheath garage (on Sundays), onto Erith, Belvedere, Abbey Wood, Plumstead and Woolwich Parsons Hill (Monday - Saturday), and onto Woolwich Road Victoria Way (weekday peaks only).
By Easter 1970, the route had been extended from Bexleyheath to Slade Green, terminating at Bexleyheath garage on Saturdays and Sundays only. In January 1974 the first double deck bus was operated on the 132, and in March 1975 the Saturday service was extended to Slade Green, to help out with the increasing population wanting a link to Bexleyheath shopping area. In April 1978, the route was extended south of the A207 (once Watling Street), serving Eltham station via Blackfen, Blendon and Bexley village to Bexleyheath.
Upon being tendered out, route 132 was operated by Boro'line from January 1988 to February 1992, then Kentish Bus until January 1998, followed by Harris Bus. Following the latter collapsing, the route returned to London Regional Transport, through its East Thames Buses subsidiary on 25 March 2000.
On 3 October 2009, East Thames Buses was sold to London General, which included a five-year contract to operate route 132. On 7 November 2009, the allocation was transferred to London Central's Bexleyheath garage.
Since October 2009, part of the route from Eltham to Bexleyheath has been covered at night by night bus route N21.
- Bexleyheath Market Place
- Bexley station
- Avery Hill
- Eltham station
- Blackheath Sun-in-Sands
- North Greenwich bus station
- "Bexleyheath:Birthday Garage". Buses Magazine (668). November 2010.
- Route 132 busesatwork.co.uk
- MP celebrates introduction of new bus route News Shopper 21 September 2008
- Bexley: Changes aimed at improving bus routes News Shopper 28 January 2009
- Go-Ahead Acquires East Thames Buses Go-Ahead Group 30 July 2009
- Go-Ahead buys East Thames Buses Bus & Coach Professional 3 August 2009
- East Thames Buses Go-Ahead London
- Farages take on new routes BusTalk (Go-Ahead London) issue 1 December 2009
- Duncan Borrowman welcomes proposed night bus changes Bexley Borough Liberal Democrats