London Buses route 135
|Vehicle||Volvo B5LH 10.5m / Alexander Dennis Enviro400 MMC|
|Peak vehicle requirement||14|
|Night-time||No night service|
Liverpool Street station
|End||Old Street station|
|Length||7 miles (11 km)|
|Journey time||31-64 minutes|
Route 135 commenced operating on 24 May 2008 between Crossharbour and Old Street station. It was initially operated at a frequency of every 15 minutes off-peak and every 10 minutes during peak hours, with a maximum requirement of 13 double-deck buses. The initial contract to operate the route was awarded to Arriva London's Barking garage.
Upon being re-tendered, the route was awarded to Docklands Buses with the transfer to occur on 23 May 2015 and operating by a new fleet of Volvo B5LHs with Alexander Dennis Enviro 400 bodyworks.
The route links Crossharbour to Old Street, serving a number of intermediate points including Canary Wharf, Westferry, Limehouse, Aldgate and Hoxton. It provides the only direct bus link between Canary Wharf and the City of London, and serves a number of heavily cultural locations. Parts of the route provide an alternative to the Docklands Light Railway. 
Route 135 operates via these primary locations:
- Isle of Dogs Asda
- Mudchute station
- Heron Quays station
- Canary Wharf tube station
- Canary Wharf DLR station
- Westferry station
- Limehouse station
- Whitechapel London Metropolitan University
- Aldgate station
- Liverpool Street station
- Shoreditch High Street station
- Old Street station Moorfields Eye Hospital
Previous route 135
The route number 135 was previously used for a service between Marble Arch and Archway via Camden Town. Operated by Metroline after privatisation, it was withdrawn in December 2000 and replaced by extending route 88 to cover part of its route and increasing the frequency of route 134, which already ran over much of the 135 route.
- From the Island to the City BBC News 21 May 2008
- Bus tender results Route 135 Transport for London 1 November 2007
- "Another tendered route loss for Arriva London" Buses issue 716 November 2014 page 10
- Tender News Bus Talk issue 31 December 2014 (Go-Ahead London)
- Bus Route 135: City to Docklands Time Out London
- Route 135 Map Transport for London
- Aldridge, John (August 2000). "Changes out West". Buses (Ian Allan Publishing) (545): 13.