London Buses route 350
Alexander Dennis Enviro400H in May 2014
|Vehicle||Alexander Dennis Enviro400H MMC 10.2m|
|Peak vehicle requirement||8|
|End||Heathrow Airport Terminal 5|
|Length||7 miles (11 km)|
|Journey time||25-37 minutes|
|Operates||03:30 until 00:56|
Route 350 commenced operating on 22 March 2008 between Hayes and Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 via Stockley Park, West Drayton and Harmondsworth. It was introduced to coincide with the opening of the new airport terminal, initially being operated by Travel London's Hayes garage with new Alexander Dennis Enviro200 Darts.
The route was an extension of the previous H50 introduced in 2001 to create a new direct link between Hayes & Harlington and West Drayton stations via Stockley Park. The route was initially branded as Trainlink, funded by the Hayes West Drayton partnership and the Government's Challenge Fund, operated by Wings, the three single deck buses carried a green livery with route brandings.
The service had become very popular with commuters commuting to and from Stockley Park in the mornings and evenings, but very little used outside these times with buses often seen running nearly empty. The decision was taken to convert the whole service to double deck as there were only three buses needed for the route.
However, Wings had sold their bus operation to Tellings-Golden Miller, who were reluctant to operate double deckers, so various options were considered and the problem eventually solved itself when Tellings-Golden Miller was purchased by Travel London who operated double deckers, which entered service in April 2005. This was short lived, and the route was converted back to single deck, with some double deck peak journeys, on 22 March 2008 when it was renumbered 350 and extended from West Drayton to Terminal 5.
On 31 March 2012, the Alexander Dennis Enviro200 Darts were replaced by Alexander ALX400 bodied Dennis Trident 2s.In March 2015 the route was retained by Abellio London with new Enviro 400H MMC buses.
- Hayes Blyth Road
- Hayes & Harlington station
- Stockley Park
- West Drayton station
- Heathrow Airport Terminal 5
- Bus tender results Route 350 Transport for London 10 August 2007
- First Piccadilly line passengers travel to Heathrow Terminal 5 Transport for London 27 March 2008
- Route 350 London Bus Routes
- National Express Group plc agreement to sell Travel London National Express Group 21 May 2009
- NatEx sells London bus business Bus & Coach Professional 22 May 2009
- NedRailways acquisition reinforces long term commitment to UK transport market NedRailways 9 June 2009
- Tender News Bus Talk (Go-Ahead London) issue 29 August 2014
- "More New Routemasters destined for Stagecoach" Buses issue 714 September 2014 page 20