London Buses route 67
|End||Aldgate bus station|
|Length||7 miles (11 km)|
Route 67 commenced operating on 19 July 1961 between Northumberland Park station and London Docks via Stamford Hill, Stoke Newington, Shoreditch and Aldgate as a trolleybus replacement route with AEC Routemasters.
The Atlanteans were replaced by Routemasters from 24 January 1970, which in turn were replaced by Daimler Fleetlines from 4 December 1971. On the latter date the route was curtailed north of Stamford Hill. On 31 March 1979 it was extended north from Stamford Hill to Wood Green, while at the southern end it was curtailed from Wapping to Aldgate.
On 31 October 1981, the southern terminus was changed to Aldgate bus station.
When next tendered, the route passed to Stagecoach London's Bow garage on 28 April 2001. It returned to First London's Northumberland Park garage on 29 April 2006. Route 67 was included in the March 2012 sale of Northumberland Park garage to London General.
Route 67 operates via these primary locations:
- Wood Green station Lordship Lane
- Wood Green Shopping City
- Turnpike Lane station
- West Green Primary School
- Harringay St Ann's Hospital
- South Tottenham St Ann's Road
- Stamford Hill
- Stoke Newington station
- Dalston Kingsland station
- Dalston Junction station
- Haggerston station
- Hoxton station
- Shoreditch High Street station
- Spitalfields Market
- Aldgate East station
- Aldgate bus station for Aldgate station
- FirstGroup finds London bus firm is just the ticket Herald Scotland 9 July 1998
- Tendered Bus Services Select Committee on Environment, Transport & Regional Affairs March 1999
- Annual Report Year Ended 31 March 1999 FirstGroup
- Bus tender results Route 67 Transport for London 29 July 2005
- Go-Ahead Group Acquires Northumberland Park Bus Depot Archived 2013-07-04 at the Wayback Machine. Go-Ahead Group 19 March 2012
- Bus tender results Route 67 Transport for London 19 July 2012
- Tender Round Wins Roll In Bus Talk (Go-Ahead London) issue 17 August 2012
- Route 67 Map Transport for London