London Buses route 69
|Start||Walthamstow Central station|
|End||Canning Town station|
On 17 December 2005, it was curtailed from London City Airport to Canning Town station as part of a series of changes in connection with the Docklands Light Rail being extended. Stagecoach London commenced a further contract on 30 April 2011. In October 2015, three Alexander Dennis Enviro400 MMCs with inductive wireless charging technology, which allows its batteries to receive a charging boost when stationary at specially equipped bus stops entered service on route 69.
Route 69 operates via these primary locations:
- Walthamstow Central station
- Leyton Midland Road station
- Leyton station
- Maryland station
- Stratford bus station
- Plaistow station
- Canning Town station
In the 1960's bus route 69 ran from North Chingford Station to Silvertown with a turning point for some buses at Chingford Mount. Prior to the move to the bus turn-around at Chingford Station, built in the 1970s, the 69 route ran further to the Royal Forest Hotel where it terminated. In the 1960s and 1970s it was operated by Routemasters. In recent years the route has been progressively shortened.
- Bus tender results Route 69/N69 Transport for London 24 October 2003
- Bus Services Archived 2016-05-16 at the Wayback Machine. London City Airport Consultative Committee
- Bus tender results Route 69/N69 Transport for London 6 September 2010
- Murray, James (28 August 2014). "London to get hybrid buses that could charge wirelessly". The Guardian. Retrieved 28 August 2014.
- Brian, Matt (27 August 2014). "London to start trialling wirelessly charged buses". Engadget. Retrieved 28 August 2014.
- Kee, Edwin (27 August 2014). "Hybrid Bus Charging Technology Trial Kicks Off In London". Uber Gizmo. Retrieved 28 August 2014.
- "October start for Enviro400 virtual electric trial" Buses issue 725 August 2015 page 10
- Bus tender results Route 69/N69 Transport for London 7 October 2015
- Tender News Bus Talk (Go-Ahead London) issue 37 December 2015 page 11
- Route 69 Map Transport for London
Media related to London Buses route 69 at Wikimedia Commons