London Buses route 88
Great Portland Street
London Buses route 88 is a Transport for London contracted bus route in London, England. Running between Camden Town and Clapham Common, it is operated by London General. The route used to be known as "the Clapham Omnibus" when it was run by London General with single-decker buses.
Route 88 operates via these primary locations:
- Camden Town Camden Gardens
- Camden Town station
- Mornington Crescent station
- Warren Street station
- Great Portland Street station
- Oxford Circus station
- Regent Street
- Piccadilly Circus station
- Trafalgar Square for Charing Cross station
- Westminster station
- Tate Britain
- Vauxhall Bridge
- Vauxhall bus station for Vauxhall station
- Stockwell station
- Clapham North station
- Clapham High Street station
- Clapham Common station
- Clapham Common Omnibus Clapham
- Time out London guide. Penguin Books. 1995. p. 103.
The 88 bus, recently and rather self-consciously styled "The Clapham Omnibus", starts its pleasantly circuitous route from here, to points north of the River.
- Rainford, Paul (1993). "Paul Rainford on bus branding". Design (533): 43.
The Clapham Omnibus is the shape of things to come. Run by London General (an LT company) on route 88 between Clapham Common and Oxford Circus, this single- decker, Wigan- built Volvo B10B model sports its own jaunty graphics, designed by the Best Impressions consultancy
- Milne, Ian (2004). A Cost Too Far? (PDF). Civitas. p. 24. ISBN 9781903386378.
bus seats on the number 88 London bus — the Clapham omnibus — are made in Australia
- Graeme Bruce, J; Curtis, Colin (1977). The London Motor Bus: Its Origins and Development. London Transport. p. 43. ISBN 0853290830.
- Reed, John (2000). London Buses: A Brief History. Capital Transport Publishing. p. 69. ISBN 9781854142337.
- 2003 Bus Tender Result Transport For London
- 2010 Bus Tender Result Transport For London
- Press Release Transport For London
- Route 88 Map Transport for London