London Buses route E2
|Vehicle||Volvo B9TL 10.4m / Wright Eclipse Gemini 2|
|Peak vehicle requirement||15|
|Night-time||No Night service|
|Length||6 miles (9.7 km)|
|Journey time||30-48 minutes|
|Operates||04:35 until 01:40|
CentreWest was privatised in a management buyout in September 1994, before being acquired by FirstGroup in March 1997. In May 1997 route E2 was re-tendered and passed to Armchair Passenger Transport with Plaxton Pointer bodied Dennis Dart SLFs. At the same time, route E2 was diverted in Brentford to terminate at Armchair's Commerce Road depot instead of the County Court.
In 2002, Armchair retained route E2 upon it being re-tendered, and ordered a fresh batch of Plaxton Pointer 2 bodied Dennis Dart SLFs, this time with dual doors. Route E2 was included in the sale November 2004 sale of Armchair to Metroline.
In May 2009, double-decker operation returned on the route.
- Greenford Red Lion
- Pitshanger Lane
- Ealing Broadway station
- West Ealing
- Northfields station
- Brentford garage
- Route E2 London Bus Routes
- DMS Ian's Bus Stop
- Wharmby, Matthew, The London Metrobus (Ian Allan Publishing, 2009). ISBN 978-0-7110-3377-1
- History Metroline
- ComfortDelGro Corporation Limited Announcement ComfortDelGro
- Armchair bought by Metroline Bus & Coach Professional 26 November 2004
- "E2: Route History". Londonbuses.co.uk. 30 August 2012. Retrieved 15 September 2013.