London City Lionesses
|Full name||London City Lionesses Football Club|
|League||FA Women's Championship|
London City Lionesses is a semi-professional association football club based in London, England. The team will compete in FA Women's Championship during the 2019–20 season, the second tier of English women's football. The club was founded in 2019, as an independent breakaway club from Millwall Lionesses.
On 13 May 2019, a statement was released by Millwall F.C. announcing that the board of directors and senior management at the team's official women's affiliate, Millwall Lionesses, had declared their intentions to split from the club, becoming an independent entity and operating under a new name. The breakaway was already agreed in principle by the FA. The transfer of Millwall's Championship licence was officially approved by the FA on 29 June 2019.
- "London City Lionesses: Millwall Supporters Club "saddened" by women's team breakaway". BBC News. 13 May 2019. Retrieved 14 May 2019.
- "Club Statement: Millwall Lionesses". www.millwallfc.co.uk.
- McElwee, Molly (13 May 2019). "Millwall women's team to split from club and form new London City Lionesses outfit". The Telegraph.
- "London City Lionesses: FA Women's Football board approve Millwall switch". BBC News. 14 May 2019. Retrieved 14 May 2019.
- "London City Lionesses". womenscompetitions.thefa.com.