The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
London Friend was originally a part of Friend which was a befriending offshoot of the Campaign for Homosexual Equality (CHE) and first operated from a flat in Earls Court and then moved to a community centre in Church Street Westminster.
London Friend was separated from CHE in 1975 and then obtained premises in Upper Street, temporarily in Seven Sisters Road, and later in Caledonian Road. The Caledonian Road premises were reported by January 2011 to be under threat and an appeal was launched to safeguard the building. During 2012, as a result of the appeal, and also additional funding following a merger with another charity, London Friend was able to purchase the property. Meanwhile continued expansion has meant that additional space is now being used at the GMFA office elsewhere in Islington.
London Friend has at various times provided befriending, counselling, meeting spaces, helplines, support groups, a library of gay and lesbian books, and training for volunteers, police cadets and social workers.
- Brighton Gay and Lesbian Switchboard
- Gay & Lesbian Switchboard of New York
- Gay Liberation Front
- Oxford Friend
- Switchboard (UK)
- "London Friend". London Friend. 2009-08-25. Archived from the original on 2010-07-08. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- "Appeal launched after reprieve gives charity a year to find £100,000 needed to save building". Islington Tribune. 2010-12-03. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- Geen, Jessica. "London gay charity hopes to keep premises". Pink News. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- "Islington Council rent rise threatens valued charity, London Friend". Labour Councillors representing Caledonian Ward in Islington (Paul Convery, Rupert Perry and Charlynne Pullen). 2010-03-02. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-03-14. Retrieved 2012-05-10.
- "Andi Fraggs interview". www.gailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-12-05.