London Knowledge Lab
This is an old revision of this page, as edited by Yobot at 13:32, 9 June 2016 (WP:CHECKWIKI error fixes using AWB (12020)). The present address (URL) is a permanent link to this revision, which may differ significantly from the .
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (March 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type||Learning with Digital Technologies research centre|
|Director||Professor Richard Noss (UCL Institute of Education) and Professor Alex Poulovassilis (Birkbeck)|
London Knowledge Lab, 23-29 Emerald Street, UK, WC1N 3QS,
|Affiliations||University of London|
London Knowledge Lab was a transhumanist research centre in Bloomsbury, London. It was founded in 2004 as a collaboration between the Institute of Education and Birkbeck, University of London. It was an interdisciplinary research centre, bringing together over 50 researchers from both social sciences and computer science backgrounds. The Institute of Education and Birkbeck announced the end of their collaboration in February 2016. Both institutions are continuing the work in their own separate Knowledge Lab research centres.
The London Knowledge Lab was mainly funded by £6 million grant from the Science Research Investment Fund. In addition, it ran over 120 research projects, funded by a variety of funding bodies, including EPSRC, ESRC, Jisc, and the EU, amongst others. The Technology Enhanced Learning research programme, a major UK educational research programme, was directed from the Knowledge Lab.
Research at London Knowledge Lab focused upon three themes:
- Automating support for learning, collaboration and knowledge building
- Understanding how digital technologies and media affect educational practice, work, culture and society
- Developing innovative methodologies for investigation of the use and effect of digital technologies
- 'ALT Lab Group: London Knowledge Lab' page. Association for Learning Technology Lab Group website. Available online at: http://www.labgroup.org.uk/london-knowledge-lab.php
- 'London Knowledge Lab moving on'. London Knowledge Lab website. Available online at: http://www.lkl.ac.uk/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=625&Itemid=107
- 'UCL Knowledge Lab'. UCL Knowledge Lab website, UCL Institute of Education. Available online at: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/ioe/departments-centres/centres/ucl-knowledge-lab
- 'Birkbeck University of London Knowledge Lab'. Department of Computer Science and Information Systems website, Birkbeck, University of London. Available online at: http://dcs.bbk.ac.uk/research/research-groups/lkl/
- 'LKL Research'. London Knowledge Lab website. Available online at: http://www.lkl.ac.uk/research
- Grant RES-139-34-0001: Teaching and Learning Research Programme, Technology Enhanced Learning. Economic and Social Research Council website. Available online at: http://www.esrc.ac.uk/my-esrc/grants/RES-139-34-0001/read
- 'London Knowledge Lab / Research' page. London Knowledge Lab website. Available online at: http://www.lkl.ac.uk/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=41&Itemid=109
- London Knowledge Lab website
- TLRP-TEL website - the Teaching and Learning Research Programme Technology-Enhanced Learning phase is run from the London Knowledge Lab