|Single by System of a Down|
|from the album Hypnotize|
|Released||April 17, 2006|
|Format||CD, digital download|
Laurel Canyon, Los Angeles, California
Akademie Mathematique of Philosophical Sound Research
Los Angeles, California
|Producer(s)||Rick Rubin, Daron Malakian|
|System of a Down singles chronology|
"Lonely Day" is the second single from the 2005 album Hypnotize by Armenian American rock band System of a Down. It was written by guitarist Daron Malakian, who also provides lead vocals on the track. The song received a nomination for Best Hard Rock Performance at the 49th Annual Grammy Awards.
The song is featured in the 2007 film Disturbia, as well as the film's trailer; however, it is not included in the film's soundtrack. Daron did not write the song as a tribute to his brother as rumored, as Daron is an only child.
|1.||"Lonely Day"||D. Malakian||2:47|
|CD extended play|
|1.||"Lonely Day"||Daron Malakian||2:48|
|2.||"Shame" (System of a Down featuring Wu-Tang Clan)||Ghostface Killah, GZA, U-God, Inspectah Deck, Ol' Dirty Bastard, RZA, Method Man, Raekwon||2:41|
|3.||"Snowblind" (Black Sabbath cover)||Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, Bill Ward||4:40|
|4.||"Metro" (Berlin cover)||John Crawford||2:59|
|5.||"Marmalade"||Serj Tankian (lyrics), Malakian (music)||3:01|
|6.||"Lonely Day" (Video CD extra)||2:57|
The music video features the band on a tour bus with interspliced shots of Hollywood and sections on fire. About 45 seconds into the video, there is a reference to the Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here album sleeve on a reflected piece of glass. The doodle that bassist Shavo Odadjian is seen to be sketching in the video can be found on his Facebook profile.
- Daron Malakian – guitars, lead vocals
- Serj Tankian – keyboards, backing vocals
- Shavo Odadjian – bass guitar
- John Dolmayan – drums
- Blabbermouth.net. "SLAYER, LAMB OF GOD, STONE SOUR Among GRAMMY Nominees", December 7, 2006, at Blabbermouth.net; last accessed December 7, 2006.
- Gowing, Liam (March 2, 2006). "His son has got him covered: System of a Down's artist of choice is Vartan Malakian, the guitarist's dad". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved February 1, 2012.